DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
I have recently been adding more beats to my weaves and I am just wondering... I know the forward 5 beat starts on the right hand side, so does the 5 beat reverse start on the left?

I live in a world of infinite possibilities.

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
It doesn't make any difference which side you start the 5 beat weave, you're doing the same thing on both sides anyway, so you just pick whichever side's easiest for you to jump in and start adding the extra beats.
This counts for both forward and backward 5 beats by the way.

Hope that helped

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
i agree with the captain and have nothing to add. however, i'd already written this so i'm gonna bloody post it anyway now

you can start the 5 beat weave on either side, forwards or backwards.

i have a good friend that will only do a five beat from his right side to his left. all it means is that when he starts on his right he has to finish on the left. if you can go from left to right too, you can do a continuous five beat weave and can stop on whichever side you choose.

so i see no reason why you shouldn't be able to start off on the left. try it out!

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
Ok, that seems remarkably obvious in hindsight. I think I thought that cause the lesson says it that way and thats the way I learnt it.

Thank you by the way!

I live in a world of infinite possibilities.