MeneeococoaGOLD Member
torn and bleeding warrior of love
133 posts

Posted:
Once again, i found out a move, but i dunno if anyone has done it or not. I'll post it anyways...

Aight, to get the movement right, take your arms (no poi at the moment) and put ur hands at ur waist, keep them at that level. Now, swing your arms as far as they will go infront and behind, in opposite timing (kinda like stretching one arm to the left and the other right, alternating between front and back).

Now that you have that, take ur poi and swing to your sides in reverse. swing one hand in front as if doing a reverse weave and the other behind as if doing a btb reverse weave (in split time). If timed right and taken out to the sides far enough, they should pass each side of your body with ease. Then alternate each arm in doing the opposite (from btb to in front, from in front to btb) If you can pull this off, you do a reverse weave, but you are inside the weave. It's badass. Post if u tried it or if someone already made it.

I need to find something witty for this so people like me...

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
maybe its just me but that is one confusing-ass description!

anyone out there that can identify/clarify what this is? i particularly don't understand the 'inside the weave' bit - i sort of see myself 'inside' the poi (or inside 'the pattern they make' if you wanna nitpick) most of the time cos they spin around me, innit?

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

MeneeococoaGOLD Member
133 posts

Posted:
aight...think of it this way...one poi always infront, one always in back...combine a reverse weave and a reverse btb weave...i might get a video

(andrew)member
140 posts

Posted:
i THINK i understand...

do something alot similar, but simpiler myself, can you really call it a weave, or is it just altenate reverse/btb swing of two poi at the same time from different locations?

help, i think i just tied myself into a knot

The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all thebad girls live.

Charlottemember
12 posts

Posted:
Hi everybody...

I think I know what you're talkin about, at least I hope so. I know a move that is maybe that one, maybe kinda like this.

It's basically a btb weave.

Imagine you do a weave forward and you let it go from your left side to the front, then on the right side (in front it's parallel to your body, like a fountain without the turn and the windmill)

Now do it behind your back, it'll come out under your arms on the left side then go back in the back and come out under your arm on your right side.

The only thing is that you gotta be flexible.

If it's not the described move, it's also a good one.

Charlotte

MeneeococoaGOLD Member
133 posts

Posted:
I don't think that's it, but that is pretty tight. Honestly, i dunno how to explain it, so eventually i'll get a video for you guys. Might take time though

adamricepoo-bah
1,015 posts

Posted:
That's a poor description. This is an alternating front-back crossover. There's no "weave" involved, since the two chains never really get near each other.

Do a crossover swing with one hand in front and another crossover with the other in back. Repeat, changing which hand is in front and in back. Mechanically, this is equivalent to a low wave, but in a different plane.

Laugh while you can, monkey-boy

(andrew)member
140 posts

Posted:
wowzers
i was right! it aint no weave!
anyway, still sounds interesting enough to go out and try it, thats for sure.
will have a swing at it after the whole gale force winds thing stops happening outside.

The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all thebad girls live.

MeneeococoaGOLD Member
133 posts

Posted:
aight, i see what your saying... but i kno there is something i'm leaving out because it has a certain tendancy to change it's path. I dunno how to explain it really; one of those things you can't really put into words.

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
charlotte - what you're describing sounds very much like the waistwrap move that is being described in another thread right now...

masta rava - have you tried the waistwrap with carry yet? its one of those 'i think i might be getting good at this lark' moves. i can't do them (yet) but i'm getting one arm at a time going! the most rewarding moves i have learnt so far were the ones that needed the most practice - for me these were btb weave and the butterfly weave, the latter of which i learnt a lot of the intricacies of from this board.

you seem to *love* learning moves and the move/movesets that you can't possibly attempt until you have a decent grasp of all of the basic stuff have been the ones that made me smile the most. i gather you mainly use glowsticks - do you play with fire at all?

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

fluffy napalm fairyCarpal \'Tunnel
3,638 posts

Posted:
yeah Coleman/Charlotte.

That's a waistwrap allright tis a beautiful move.If you're a girl you get to really bend around it too - makes the crowds happy I got four so far but I think there are six.......

It's gonna take me a while to figure out rava breaka's move though Sop there's no turn and the chains don't ever cross? So it's just crossovers that are dancing around you? Cool

Geologists do it in the dirt................ spank

Whiffle Squeekaddict
416 posts

Posted:
hehehe, its fun, at last what im getting is that its a low wave with your body turned 90 degrees, i think, emphasis on the think, that its in one of the COL's if you look closely, heh, not very helpful, but maybe someone else knows more specifics...

Educate your self in the Hazards of Fire Breathing STAY SAFE!

SaggyDmember
56 posts

Posted:
I do this move, all the time, it's not in split time though, i have no idea how it looks haven't gotten a vid of me doin' it yet.

Basically, with your right arm (omit the left right now) you swing forward or reverse (doesn't matter) and then you do a cross over to your left side infront of you, then you do a cross over to your left side in behind you.

Then with your left hand you swing the same direction and you do a crossover to your right side infront of you, and then do a crossover to your right side behind you.

This is NOT i repeat NOT front crossover then a BTB crossover, while your right hand is infront of you and to your left, your left hand is behind you and to your right.

I assume this would give the illusion you are in a weave if you do it quickly enough, but i think the discription of "WEAVE" for this move is bad, gotta try this is splittime though.

PEACE!

-Saggy

SaggyDmember
56 posts

Posted:
oh, here's an easier way to think of it, you are trying to hug yourself in the frong and from behind at the same time with alternating arms.

MeneeococoaGOLD Member
133 posts

Posted:
That's exactly it...huggin urself...

vaperloc...the mightylook @my member
466 posts

Posted:
this sounds like what I have heard referred to as the funky munky.

There are no obstacles only challenges.
Very funny scotty now beam down my pants.
[colour."green"}What would willie do?

AHH theres too many wee leprechauns i cannae squash them all