Forums > Beginner Poi Moves > Horizontal "Chasing the sun"

Login/Join to Participate

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
I don't believe for one second that its a new move, but could someone tell me what its called?

Basically from chasing the sun you bend over, so its like the corkscrew only the poi are in sync not 180 degrees out. I've not seen people do it before, and it looks pretty neat. I started doing it completely by accident tonight.

thanks

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
ummmm could it be that you are talking about doing the corkscrew with both hands insync??

i think we just still call it the corkscrew... `

[ 01 October 2002, 12:37: Message edited by: Flynt ]

Currently on the right side up of the world.

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
that may well be the one, I just hoped there was an official name so I could feel that i've learn't a new move this week

(Sole)Sparkfixerupera of strangness maximus
147 posts

Posted:
i did that horizontal chaseing the sun or insync corkscrew awhile back when i was learning the corkscrew felt pretty weird, i just passed it off as a misstake in the corkscrew pattern and i havent done it again, i think i might give that ago tonight

does it look any good?

yay up to 5 beat weave only 4 more to get to 9 :P

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
I'm told so by my drunken housemates. I learnt chasing the sun weeks ago but didn't know how to transition into it, so forgot about it. In actual fact if you move into windmill (from backwards or forwards weave) and just slow one of the hands down for half a beat you get it naturally. Speed up again to re-enter the windmill.

AdeSILVER Member
Are we there yet?
1,897 posts

Posted:
It's such a comfortable move, I love to go into the horozontal version and spin around at the same time slowly with the direction they're going in. I love doing it split and same time.

/off unintelligible description

147 posts

Posted:
ok ull probably think im stupid (which is true) but how do you move from a weave into a windmill what hand movement ect, and isnt that called the fountain or am i way off?

AdeSILVER Member
Are we there yet?
1,897 posts

Posted:
/on unintelligible descriptions

Spark, it's not just about the hand movement, it could also depend on the orientation of your body. Do you do the weave to your left and/or right hip, with your hips facing forward (90 degrees away from the weave), or do you do the weave with your hips pointing towards the weave?

I refuse to answer the fountain question on the grounds that it might incriminate me , but Spark, if you do a quick search, there's a fair bit of discussion on the upper and lower fountain - Phunky (from memory) had a pretty in depth discussion on it....

147 posts

Posted:
i face forward when i do the weave however i tend to favour my right side more when i start to do the 5,6,7 beat weaves but i doubt ill attempt a windmill from a 5 upwards just now, i wish to keep my golden locks

[ 01 October 2002, 18:10: Message edited by: (Sole)Spark ]

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
if you are doing a 3 beat weave infront of you, move your body 90 degrees counter clockwise so you're now doing it with the crossover point directly to your right. If you move this into the backwards weave without moving your feet then you'll do the left beat of the forwards weave infront of your body and on exitting it go into the left beat of the backwards weave with the corssover point directly to your left. The beat in the middle (the left part of the forwards and right part of backwards weave) can only be done once without it wrapping around your hands, but if you move the leading poi up behind your head then you'll go into the windmill.

I also am not sure of what the windmill is, as far as I'm concerned it's one beat forwards to one beat windmill to one beat backwards and so on. Picture here

147 posts

Posted:
yeah that pic looks right thanx for the help flid

BernoSILVER Member
21 posts

Posted:
Would someone please tell me what a fountain is??
Is it another name for a windmill??

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
look up ^^^

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Word Berno, please do a search. It's been discussed to death...

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

BernoSILVER Member
21 posts

Posted:
oops
.....must.....try........search.........

Locoflymember
62 posts

Posted:
i hereby dub it the *NSync move. complete with screaming female fans.

From the makers of soylent green.