Forums > Social Chat > POI CHAT LIVE !!! REAL TIME DISCUSSION !

Login/Join to Participate

preambledmember
53 posts

Posted:
Hey everyone..There's been a few little snippets of discussion regarding a live chat system, but the topics quickly run down the list and disappear as people reply to other things.Well - here's some information that might help people get chatting...Download a chat client - there is an excellent one available for windows at https://www.mirc.co.ukOnce
you've installed it, run the program and connect to any UNDERNET server you can.If you have trouble connecting, here is a list of some servers I find to be reliable:haarlem.nl.eu.undernet.orgdiemen.nl.eu.undernet.orgsandiego.ca.us.undernet.orgwashington.dc.us.undernet.orgmclean.va.us.undernet.org(if you type in /server followed by the server name, it will try to connect to that server)once it connects, type /join #poi and you'll be chatting before you know it grinif anyone has any issues connecting you can e-mail me and i'll try and help you out..my email address is berticus@yifan.netit'd be great to have some more support! so far we've had about 6 or 7 different people come into the channel, which is really good, and about 3 - 4 regulars smilelooking forward to talking to you all.

phunkyold hand
877 posts

Posted:
*bump*

woodymember
99 posts

Posted:
IT ROCKS!Great for advice, moves and chat!Come on people!UK people, I have no problems connecting to surrey.uk.eu.underner.org (IP 194.117.157.68)Be patient if everything is quite in the channel. Some of us are online while at work, and may not respond instantly.Have fun!Woody

Luv and Lemons.WoodyMrs Jaypher said, 'It's saferIf you've lemons in your head;First to eat, a pound of meat,And then to go at once to bed.

pjmember
277 posts

Posted:
I tried to get an IRC channel going for poi and fire spinning back when Malcom was first experimenting with web-based chat systems. It went over like a lead balloon, or should I say waterlogged poi... frown-p.

preambledmember
53 posts

Posted:
A number of people have come in and out of the channel already, a lot of the time just joining and leaving almost instantaneously because no one is around to chat at that time. Unfortunately, because of the time difference between us all it makes it difficult to meet at a unified time, so you've just kinda gotta hope someone's around smileI emailed malcolm a few days ago regarding the IRC chat but as yet haven't heard anything back -- are you there malcolm ? smile*prod*I think if a page was set up on this site about it, it would be a lot more successful...robert.

preambledmember
53 posts

Posted:
cool grinWe'll need 10 regulars in the channel to register it so we can have a bot sitting in there for channel management.So far we have 4 regulars smileHellooooo ? Anybody out there ??Come join us !

phunkyold hand
877 posts

Posted:
We're up to 6 now, 4 more and we can get a bot! smile------------------[]Dhuong-Vu Truong==== []Dhunky ====

phunkyold hand
877 posts

Posted:
*bump*3 more to go smile------------------[]Dhuong-Vu Truong==== []Dhunky ====

preambledmember
53 posts

Posted:
2 more to go! grinwhere are the regular discussion group people ? surely they must have seen this thread by now :P

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
*** You were kicked from #poi by ChanServ (Sorry, this is a restricted channel.)It doesn't seem to like me very much.I'm certainly glad i spent all that time downloading that.There's a half hour of my life I'm not going to get back . . .------------------C@ntus

Meh

phunkyold hand
877 posts

Posted:
i didn't know our channel had chanserv yet...------------------[]Dhuong-Vu Truong==== []Dhunky ====

preambledmember
53 posts

Posted:
it doesn't have channel services yetcantus, are you sure you connected to the right server ?

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
I have no idea. It was extremely late at night and I wasn't really concentrating. confusedI'll try it again in a bit . . .------------------C@ntus

Meh

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
got it figured now thanks. Sorry about earlier confusion blush------------------C@ntus

Meh