jonathanenthusiast
210 posts

Posted:
this isnt really a new move as such, but it is an interesting observation i made earlier on today that some of you guys may find useful/ be able to comment on.

two one handed split time butterflies (4 poi) can be moved in basically the same way as the alternate butterfly combo in the moves section of this page

cool aye! it's taken me a while to get the hang of doing it, and i cant move my feet much while im doing it, but at least its a start and i have some sort of basis to be going on with.

also, i was wondering if anyone has any tips on doing butterflies with the top of the hand (rather than the palm) leading?. there seems to be a way of doing something that is kind of a weave, in as much as the poi change position in relation to your body (one goes closer, the other further - vice versa) while your body and feet remain still and your hand contorts to all sorts of funny angles

woefully inadequate description i know perhaps ole phunky can phrase it better?

and bender, youll understand what i mean by top of the palm leading, think of pulling rather than pushing and ducking under/jumping over staffs ect with the poi going

anyone with me?, any ideas or advice?

)FyreFly(member
9 posts

Posted:
By saying four poi, do you mean 2 on each hand? How do you do that? I always seem to get tangled, would appreciate it if you'd help me out, but otherwise it sounds like a great move.

Thanx a mil!!!

If everyone smiled, it would be the first step to a better future*

jonathanenthusiast
210 posts

Posted:
look in the moves for the one handed butterfly, that should sort you out, the easiest way is to do a butterfly and then put the poi into one hand

easily said im afraid............

there has been heaps done on one hended butterflies, so do a search!

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
heh i dun think any 4 of my poi are the same length, weight.
/goes off to soak comet poi in fuel...
wow these icons are new, yeah?

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

Shinova:thefiredemonmember
149 posts

Posted:
I think out of all the post i've read that you have posted. i have to say that is the most resonible post i have ever read from you bender.

149 posts

Posted:
Well the easist to decifer.

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
I am, therefore i post.

ohh ima startin to like this icon...

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always