Soulmember
5 posts

Posted:
Can anyboy tell me please what a cartwhell is?
Is it the weave/chase or what?

THX

Spin with your soul

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
uh it's an acrobatic move, not necessarily performed with poi or staff
you jump to the ground your side, planting your hands one after the other as you're upside down, and continue the spinning of your body until you're back on your feet, on the ground several feet in the direction of motion.

if this thread is about the buzzsaw, I'll cry
/gets the kleenex ready..

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

DJ-5Lmember
24 posts

Posted:
Bender, What is the Buzz Saw? I might know it as something else.

What is your Theme song?

rftekmember
101 posts

Posted:
Dj-5L:
(how to get in) A buzzsaw is when you are butterflying, you turn 90 deg. and bring both chains inside your arms. their going opposite directions.

Mark PBRONZE Member
old hand
1,031 posts

Posted:
Buzz-Saw is also called Burn the Nose (BTN) and forms a circle infront of your body if you look at the thread I have just posted (entitled BTN Breathe Pics.....at Last!) you can see the motion (just try and ignore the breathing!).

Cartwheels have been explained above (the acrobatic move thingy) and I only know one person who now involves this in some of her sets. Her name is Keda from Bristol and she can start with both chains laid on the floor (lit), do a cartwheel picking up both chains on the way nd then start spinning. Keda also does something where she shortens one chain so it is basically in her hand then does a single handed cartwheel

Mark P

TranceKujamember
68 posts

Posted:
I also do one-handed cartwheels while spinning, but only after I transform the poi into a single chainwhip by bringing the strings together. I was wondering if anyone does Nikes (breakdancing move) or L-kicks while spinning? I tried L-kicks, but my strings tangle in with my legs...

Live by honor. Kill by stealth. Only the unseen survive.~peace~

Phuhzzzie Wuhzzzie the Pumpkin Kingmember
141 posts

Posted:
I'm working on a couple of cartwheelie moves with poi at the moment but either my body or my poi keep on getting in my way! All of these are done with one poi and one hand.

Reversewheel: Stand as to do a normal cartwheel turn 180 at the hips and cartwheel backwards.

Crouchwheel: From a crouch sping into a cartwheel.

Reversecrouchwheel: from a crouch spin 180 at the hips and cartwheel backwards.

It's easy enough to do these move without the poi but once you put a poi in your free hand it becomes alot harder try tweaking aroung with chase the sun and other overhead moves. YOu can also bring you legs in as you go over to make the cartwheel crouchy and monkeylike!

A wise man once said to me, Hey! You! Get out of my wardrobe! and in a way, I guess he was right.

TranceKujamember
68 posts

Posted:
try doing it with both legs together. Start off by doing round-offs (normal cartwheel both legs together)

Live by honor. Kill by stealth. Only the unseen survive.~peace~

6,978 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by TranceKuja:
try doing it with both legs together. Start off by doing round-offs (normal cartwheel both legs together)
TK, grouse! finally some talk of acrobatix!! woot!one thing to say tho: there are two very important differences that will cause confusion to the reader if they are not clarified:
the roundoff requires an extra arm and waist twist as the arms plant on the ground in a t-shape. the cartwheel is simply one arm after the other, facing the same side.the roundoff finishes with the person facing in the opposite direction of the movement (ordinarily as a momentum buildup for the backflip family of moves) the cartwheel requires the performer to finish facing the same direction of the movement.
I would recommend anyone reading this who are interested i learning to compare these notes to an instructor as haphazrd attempts run the very real risk of major injury (a girl from my class never returned after breaking her leg during a warm up!!) as is often the case, a tousand posts will never surpass a single real-life instructor.
Phuzz, when we meet, I'll show you the capoeira equivalents of your 'au' moves. you would really appreciate the many traditional variations of what we call the cartwheel! i been trying oon the meia lua reversao and my back and hip hurt like the clappers I really hope for your sake that ur doing proper stretches! cartwheels are most amazing when performed without hands... but then again, they're no longer cartwheels

more chi! train harder!
may the age of the acrobat arise!

Mark PBRONZE Member
old hand
1,031 posts

Posted:
any need to post that twice bender?? or do you feel it was that important

6,978 posts

Posted:
uh it's 2:30 am and i forgot to feed gizmo

Mark PBRONZE Member
old hand
1,031 posts

Posted:
ut-oh! (was only pulling your leg)

If you get lots of evil little gremilns could I have a couple on dog leads to spin with please

6,978 posts

Posted:
uh it's 2:30 am and i forgot to feed gizmo

Mark PBRONZE Member
old hand
1,031 posts

Posted:

I guess it is time for bed bender