pyro_teknikmember
51 posts
Location: england wiltshire under stonehenge with the fire f...

Posted:
Last night I span for my first audience Totally shat myself before hand. I did know quite a few people there mostly old school friends, but none of them knew what poi was which helped in keeping them in awe for a while.It was well worth it even though I singed my head twice as I forgot my beanie and my shirt was pretty messed up too! I am still quite a way from charging people for a display but it was fun and helped me sort out the nerves at least smilepeace pyro

handlebar moustaches are funny :)

emptysetmember
98 posts

Posted:
Thats awsome man, the first performance, atleast in my experience, is always the one you remember the most. Ha, in my first pseudo public performance i hit myself in the face so hard i was bleeding. all in good fun right. Keep spinning the more u practice and perform the more enjoyable performances are for you and the crowd.------------------bring light into the night

Its all in good, clean, light producing fun.

sandmanmember
65 posts

Posted:
Ha! Funny you should say that, I did the same thing last Friday. Some girls were doing poi in the pub and I stepped up to have a go and 'show off' a bit. Went OK til I smacked myself in the face and cut my eye. I didn't realise until I wiped the sweat from my brow and saw my hand covered in blood shocked Don't think I made much of an impression! (Though I did earn some sympathy points wink )

Knagimember
397 posts

Posted:
I was rolling for my first burn. I've come along way since then. How do you know when it's time to start charging ppl? I've had many a crowds now. Over this weekend I got asked a couple times where the tip jar was.

We are all in the cosmic movie. That means the day you die you watch your whole life repeating for eternity. So you'd better have some good things happen in there and have a fitting climax. --Jim MorrisonIt's going to come from a direction you didn't predict at a moment of chaos which you didn't see coming. -- NYC