• You must now select Courier Delivery if you wish to receive items before Christmas.

Forums > Beginner Poi Moves > 7 Beat Weave, 6 Beat Windmill, and Triple Gainer Cartwheel Under The Leg

Login/Join to Participate
Page: 123
alterego
BRONZE Member since Jul 2001

alterego

Warm beer is infinitely colder than no beer

Total posts: 222
Posted:I want to put out to all the people on the board that are new and learning that these are not moves. When I was still learning all the moves I used to get frustrated by the people who like to come on and brag about these amazing things they were doing with their poi and I could not pull it off.

This is where people mistake the wrap they do after a five beat weave, or twisting there strings around eachother, or even just planting your feet and turning extremely far in a circle to squeeze in that last turn.

These are not moves. These are wraps, transitions, and tricks that people are learning and adding to the moves. If you want a complete listing of each new MOVE go to the Poi Lessons section of the site.

I will gladly meet up with anyone in my area or anyone that wants to arrange a get together and show you step by step each actual move, including btb moves. Don't get caught up confusing and frustrating yourselves. It is my advice instead to work on your transitions so that your moves become less obvious and it looks like you are out there just spinning.

I challenge anyone who would like to challenge this to first post a video of them doing the move. Otherwise, I will remain to the fact that Malcom has chosen to leave up the listing in the Poi Lessons section because it is comprehensive.

Delete Topic

Djnn

Total posts: 79
Posted:"ahh, it is true for us earthlings, but no, the eternal dom exists without the laws of physics, he has only one move. to hold his poi perfectly still while the rest of the universe rotates..."
-glass

to true
to true

but in moving the universe all the change falls out of his pocket when he's doing his upside down behind the left ear wrap 7 beat twist
or would it?
does gravity exist there?

Djinn

Delete

Djnn

Total posts: 79
Posted:"also, there are lots and lots of forces stronger than gravity. well, technically there's only really three stronger forces (em force, strong and weak nuclear) but they encompass *all* of the others."
well is your that blind to everything beyond the proven laws of the natural world you'll find that those three "forces" that encompass the "ALL" is more like .0000000000001% of reality.
but hea thats still pretty big

-djinn

Delete

Rev
BRONZE Member since Mar 2003

Rev

Bastard Newbie Messiah

Total posts: 1269
Posted:7 bt weaves, etc ARE moves... whoever posted this needs to practice some more. because I can get the beats without a wrap or a transition or turning or anything..
regardless of gravity, or gravitons, or universal calamities, or pocket dimensions..

LOL

More useless information courtesy of Rev...
Confusing the masses, one post at a time...
"Obviously, you're not a golfer.."- The Dude
"Buy the ticket... Take the ride..." -Raoul Duke
"FEMA has never done catastrophe planning..."-Michael Brown

Delete

JinX

mushroom collector

Total posts: 208
Posted:exactally rev!!!

last night i pulled of a 7 beat w/o wraps, its sloppy and i gotta twist my arms like a bitch, but its there. some practice and it sould get smoother.

can you sugest a 7 bt w/o a really strange and somewhat painfull arm twist.i have to pop my elbow over theother then tur my wrists over like a 5 bt, turns intoa 7.

eel free to coment

JinX : If it doesnt kill you it makes you stronger

The spin cycle on the washing machine does not make earth worms dizzy.
It will however make cats dizzy and cats throw up twice their bodyweight when dizzy.

Delete

coleman
SILVER Member since Aug 2002

coleman

big and good and broken

Total posts: 7330
Posted:djinn, i did say 'technically'...

just for a laugh could you enlighten me with a few of the other forces that affect the 99.999999999999% of 'reality' that the four fundamental forces don't cover and how this relates to the dynamics of one poi spinning in a 'circle'?

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

Delete

Rev
BRONZE Member since Mar 2003

Rev

Bastard Newbie Messiah

Total posts: 1269
Posted:quote:Originally posted by JinX:
exactally rev!!!

last night i pulled of a 7 beat w/o wraps, its sloppy and i gotta twist my arms like a bitch, but its there. some practice and it sould get smoother.

can you sugest a 7 bt w/o a really strange and somewhat painfull arm twist.i have to pop my elbow over theother then tur my wrists over like a 5 bt, turns intoa 7.

eel free to coment well I do 7bt no wrap 2 ways...
the first.. which I use mostly with forward 7bt weaves.. involves sticking one elbow on top of the other and reaching around.. for instance: on the right side I will bring the right elbow over the left elbow with my arms making close to 90 degree angles... then the right forearm and hand reachs around the left arm... bring to the other side and un wrap... the description doesn't sound like 7 but it is..

the second way.. which I find works better with the reverse weave, involves a little more twisting.. After a lot of the 5bt stuff I learned, and the 7bt foward helped to stretch me out enoughso that I can take the normal 5 bt, but instead of stopping I let my wrists continue to wrap around my arm (kinda hooking them a little) to get the extra revolution... it sounds painful but its not.. at least I never had any pain... and the elbow over elbow took a bit, but the extra twist method was easier to learn... the twist also became fluid a lot quicker without making me look like a crippled up patient or something (which is what I looked like trying to learn the elbow over elbow way)

I mean to some extent I could see how the extra twisting of wrists is just liek a "wrapping" of the wirsts with wrists instead of strings, but isn't that what distinguishes the 5 bt from the 3 beat... so to say that you ahve to wrap on these moves or to say that they don't count as moves,or whatever is bollocks or something

More useless information courtesy of Rev...
Confusing the masses, one post at a time...
"Obviously, you're not a golfer.."- The Dude
"Buy the ticket... Take the ride..." -Raoul Duke
"FEMA has never done catastrophe planning..."-Michael Brown

Delete

JinX

mushroom collector

Total posts: 208
Posted:sure coleman!

if you take a duck...

...and so if you take that and qube root it you find...

...and so this proves the world is definately not flat not round but very screwed up.

[ 12. September 2003, 14:00: Message edited by: JinX ]

JinX : If it doesnt kill you it makes you stronger

The spin cycle on the washing machine does not make earth worms dizzy.
It will however make cats dizzy and cats throw up twice their bodyweight when dizzy.

Delete

Page: 123