Dr.Harshmember
1 post

Posted:
I just started poi about 4 days ago and i think i just managed to do a 4 beat weave. The websites directions are well sketchy so in dont know if im doing it right. Is there anyone who can give me a simple definition of what i need to do to pull of a 4 or five beat weave. (correctly)

Cheers

Dr.Harsh

fingalmember
3 posts

Posted:
I too didn't get the directions on the website, so when I tried to do a 4 beat weave I came up with an idea how to do a 7 beat.
The main thing when doing a 4 beat is to cross your arms on one side, so your hand will lead back (your right hand will lead to your right side or your left to your left side).
To do a 5 beat just repeat the same thing on your other side of the body.

Q:Are you sexually active?R:No, I just lie there.

Mark PBRONZE Member
old hand
1,031 posts

Posted:
The 4 and 5 beat weaves are quite hard to explain, best way to learn them is to see them done as slowly as possible first.

It is all in the wrists as you have to put in an extra spin on each side - get out there and find a yokel who can do one say hi and ask for a demo

Mark P

Jelloambiguous
646 posts

Posted:
*unholy thread ressurection*

Alright, just bring this back as a venue for a question I have.

Is it cheating to allow your chains to twist at the handles when attempting to add extra beats onto your weave? I havn't played around with this much, but even in the short time I have I've noticed it may be possible to tangled the handles a bit, bring it to the other side and untangle, though adding the desirable beats onto my normal weave.

Illegal? No? I have yet to practice it alot, so it may not even fully work, but it looks like it may just work.

arashiPooh-Bah
2,364 posts

Posted:
jello, all that is is an airwrap done at the handles instead of the middle of the chain. you can do it, but it will no longer be a "pure" weave.

-Such a price the gods exact for song: to become what we sing
-Seek freedom and become captive of your desires. Seek discipline and find your liberty.
-When the center of the storm does not move, you are in its path.

Jelloambiguous
646 posts

Posted:
damnation! cheating never works. oh well, I've got plenty of time to figure this out