Forums > Beginner Poi Moves > crossed reversed butterfly ( CRB)

Login/Join to Participate

trance guymember
11 posts

Posted:
okay, i'm not sure if anyone has done this already, but i came upon a new move...for me anyway. okay, its just like the butterfly except you cross your wrists and do the butterfly that way, so that the backs of your hands are facing eachother. its pretty tricky but it adds kind of a more advance stage to the regular butterfly. I have actually gotten so good at it that i can just straight from a foward or backwards swing and go right into the CRB (crossed reversed butterfly). Good luck with that one if you havent tried it already.

[ 27 July 2002, 20:29: Message edited by: trance guy ]

arashiPooh-Bah
2,364 posts

Posted:
you can incorporate that move into a thread the needle type stack of the butterfly, as you cross over your hands take them all the way over to the crb. if you emphasise the move it is pretty. esp in reverse crb. also take the crossed hand and go to the other side of your body into a turn. lots of possibilities there as well.

-Such a price the gods exact for song: to become what we sing
-Seek freedom and become captive of your desires. Seek discipline and find your liberty.
-When the center of the storm does not move, you are in its path.

Nyxenthusiast
385 posts

Posted:
quote:
also take the crossed hand and go to the other side of your body into a turn. lots of possibilities there as well.
okay, are you talking about 1 in front, 1 in back, or are you saying you can put the crossed hand on the other side of your body then actually turn around? Cause if the second is the case, i'm interested in how you would get the other hand around too without hitting yourself....?

"Dancing can reveal all the mystery that music conceals"

~Charles Baudelaire

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
seems to me that a turn like you are describing Nyx would essentialy be like a three-beat butterly weave, only with you turning instead of standing still.... am i right arashi?

Keep your dream alive
Dreamin is still how the strong survive

Shalom VeAhavah

New Hampshire has a point....

sindominiaSILVER Member
15 posts

Posted:
I know this is gonna make me sound really dumb but what the hell is the crossed reverse butterfly

arashiPooh-Bah
2,364 posts

Posted:
here's what i meant, but don't let this restrict your possibilities- this one would be only one of eight ways even to do just this one step-
as you are doing reverse crb facing north, say with your right hand on top, but it matters not, turn left 90' and bring your right hand to the left side of your body and keep the left hand the same. now you have the good old move where on hand is on one side and the other is on the other, each on their opposite. i like this one a lot for stylistic possibilities. see how turns look from those hand positions! also lots of fun flipping those suckers out into different stacks or bfly variations.

-Seek freedom and become captive of your desires. Seek discipline and find your liberty.

arashiPooh-Bah
2,364 posts

Posted:
nyx i'm sure you could make that turn you were talking about too, but maybe could you describe the hand positions better? so i know how to describe things better. i think you mean how could you make a turn with one hand behind you, and that would be done by timing the turn into the swing of the chain so that you turn at just the time when it flips the poi to the other side, either at 12 o'clock or 6 o'clock depending on if it is forward or reverse. you have to have a good feel for where the poi are in the circle.

trance guymember
11 posts

Posted:
OK...first things first. the CRB is not a turn or anything, its just a move that you do in front of you that you can blend with other stuff later.it looks just like the regular butterfly except for the fact that your arms are crossed, right over left and you are doing a butterfly that way. its really not that difficult. the only other thing that i mentioned is that the backs of the hands are facing eachother.

good luck

arashiPooh-Bah
2,364 posts

Posted:
yep trance guy now we are talking about the other stuff you can do from there.

sindominiaSILVER Member
15 posts

Posted:
Thankx trance guy i don't feel as dumb now

lightbugmember
321 posts

Posted:
also for a build up move you can move your arms to the side or above your head and very how far you cross your arms to get different effects. i like to cross um about as far as i can over my head. it makes a tent like form around you or like an atom circleing around you.

drugs.. rock and roll. bad ass.. vegas hoes.. late night. booty calls.. shiny disco balls!!