PoiDragonmember
33 posts

Posted:
Start doing the corkscrew and go to the weave, but then after you've done one beat on the left go up into the windmill!

[Basically corkscrew to weave to windmill and out]

It's a major sweet ass combo (especially if you jumpkick when you go into the windmill)

The Dragon of The Poi

phunkyold hand
877 posts

Posted:
I think you answered your own question. It's a combination. I would refrain from naming that combo, or any combo period unless you want to unleash the wrath of the poi gods.

PoiDragonmember
33 posts

Posted:
.....what do you mean unleash the power of the poi gods?
has someone already named that combo or what?

The Dragon of The Poi

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
I christen it the "flying dragon volcano twist!"

{flee}

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
{activates a trap and closes off all exits from the room, Indiana Jones style.}
BWA HA HA HA THOU MAYEST MOCKETH NOT THE GODS POI OBLITERTING OMNIPOTENCE, or P.O.O.
NO ONE SHALL MOCK THEE, OH POO! I SMEAR MYSELF WITH THY FLAMING YET SLIGHTLY STINKY POWAH!
{raises Mikeginny in a trap not unlike the lava scene from Temple of Doom}
HARK! OH POI GODS! WE HAVE CAUGHTETH A SMELLY BLASPHEMER...WE OFFER THE MINSTREL AS.... A SNACKCRIFICE! YES! A SHRUBBERY!
OH WHAT YOU YOU, OH SMITERS OF STRIESAND?!?

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
lol, poi dragon, meet bender.

if you need reassurance at this point ask Kinudin. bender is mostly harmless, just full of entertainment.

and that's a fairly simple combo, not to be rude but i gathered at some point we try to avoid naming combos and stuff cause people get upset or egotistical about it. not to be mean, just to say that's how things seem to go.

Keep your dream alive
Dreamin is still how the strong survive

Shalom VeAhavah

New Hampshire has a point....

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
I think what everyone is trying to get at is that you are welcome to name any moves, combo's etc you like, as well as to shout out whenyou get something (We all know hat it's like to finally get that combo down pat).

However, for the purposes of the text-based Bulletin Board here, trying to stick to describing the compenents of the moves is a lot easier for others to understand.

Things get a little confusing just with the current names of serperate moves for a numebr of visitors, newbies and even those who've been off the site for a few months, so all the extra terms ends upmaking things too complicated.

But feel free to name it for off board stuff, or, when you mention it's name, follow the combo description behind it in brackets (!).

How does that sound?

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Mark PBRONZE Member
old hand
1,031 posts

Posted:
he he he, I am now off to name all my own moves mwahahahaha!! Now that bender has locked himself in a room full of indiana jones style traps that is anyway

Mark P

PoiDragonmember
33 posts

Posted:
Thank you guys for setting me straight and for puttiong mike into the trap (ill pay you later) I'll remember to explain more THANKS!

The Dragon of The Poi

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
{struggling to get out}

*grr* Bender! *mmph* I knew you were into strange stuff, *heave,* but can you leave me out of your bondage games!?!? I don't *ugh!* swing that way!

IT! IT! IT! IT! IT!

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

6,978 posts

Posted:
"They're all saying the word!"
"Stop saying it. AAAArghh! ... I've said it!"
"You've said it! Aaaaarghhh! ... We've said it ... We're all saying it"

dangit - no-one dabbles with the p.o.o..... and walks away clean!
does anyone remember that rank sewer scene from 'Labyrinth'?
mmm lunchtime soon..

Shinomorimember
24 posts

Posted:
Very technical indeed. Weave to Corkscrew back into Weave into Windmill. I'm going to spend countless nights on that one. Why didn't I ever think of it??? I mean the Windmill and the Corkscrew is basically the same thing. Thank you so much

Fwirl :pmember
76 posts

Posted:
"Ni ni ni!"
"Nu nu nu!"
"No! In the back of the throat! Ni!"
"Nu!"
"No! Ni!"
"Nnnnnnnnnnnni!"
"Yes! Ni"
"Ni ni ni!"
"Why are you saying ni to that poor old woman?"
"Ni ni ni!"
"No no! Not to him!"
....."I am Rodger the Shrubber!"

Sorry! To tempting...Love that movie!
Luving u all
Fwirl:p

Neo:Wow, that sounds like a really good deal, but I have a better one. How about I give you the finger and you give me my phone call?

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Hey Shinomori, how nice of you to be nasty to the newbies. Can you not remember when it was a thrill to pull off even the simplest moves?

Meh

6,978 posts

Posted:
Oh, what sad times are these when passing ruffians can say 'Poi Combo!' at will to old ladies. There is a pestilence upon this land! nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress at this point in time.

rexmember
263 posts

Posted:
quote:
bender is mostly harmless, just full of entertainment.

how untrue! bender is one of the biggest bearers of unadulterated truth on this board! harmless he is not! i need not mention hurty, sharpy, etc..

why does everyone have such a problem with MikeGinny, wanting to put him in cages and what not? my only problem is that i get him confused.. MikeG.. MarkP.. Mad Scientist/Mad Chemist..

so i usually just skip over those posts.

[ 05 August 2002, 16:01: Message edited by: rex ]

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
and not forgetting.....erm thingy.

Meh

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
What's his name?

Meh

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Fire Mike.

I told you not to forget him.

Meh

6,978 posts

Posted:
in terms of contribution, no-one else has posted 3600 posts! that has to count if anything can! I wonder if i can be leet enuff to reach 1337 posts! I have absolutely no idea what my first post was about, but knowing me, I guess no-one did at the time either
/runs off to weaponise random firetoy...

Mark PBRONZE Member
old hand
1,031 posts

Posted:
rex skips my posts

- runs off to the corner to have words with bender and the poi gods

Mark P

[ 05 August 2002, 22:53: Message edited by: Mark P ]

Shinova:thefiredemonmember
149 posts

Posted:
AH.....THE POI GODS ARE RESTLESS MASTER.....*SHINOVA TO HIS FATHER "THE EVIL MINISTER OF THE FLAME" WE SHALL SEND SOMEONE TO RELIVE THE YOUNG AND TIRED BENDER.....

DJ-5Lmember
24 posts

Posted:
Oh my (Poi) God, the guy just ask a simple question and all of you turn into an episode of "Whose line is it anyway".
Naming a combo is like naming a wrap. All it is, is going from one move to another. However, if you think even deeper, everything we do, is a combo somehow... Why does everything have to be so difficult

What is your Theme song?

Shinova:thefiredemonmember
149 posts

Posted:
dos't thow mockith the "Evil minister of the flame" dj-5l?
coz.....if thow dois't......then thee shall parish under thy masters powerful "flame of death"
Now*raises his hands in resolve* dois't thow changeith thows' opinion? Or dosith thow wish to writher in thees own pity for all eternity.*sits down breathing heavily for the long speech*.

DJ-5Lmember
24 posts

Posted:
My statement was only a small fraction of what words I had chosen for that reply. Making a mockery of whatever you want to call it was never my intensions, but I can if you want me to. Mr. Holier than thou. Wrything in your own flames

What is your Theme song?