Forums > Beginner Poi Moves > At Last . . . . Burn the Nose + Firebreathe Combo

Login/Join to Participate

Mark PBRONZE Member
old hand
1,031 posts

Posted:
Finally plucked up the courage to try this at a party in Priddy Woods (Cheddar/UK).

Basically just involves getting good at burn the nose (there are threads somewhere describing this move if you dont know what it is). Start your poi set with a mouth full of fuel, then go into burn the nose and aspirate the fuel onto the top of circle created by the poi.

The most difficult part was trying to get people to stay away whilst I had a mouth full of parafin and my poi were lit but it got a really good response

Hopefully I am going to try and get some video footage next time I give it a try.

Mark P

Whiffle Squeekaddict
416 posts

Posted:
wooo, im impressed, i find it scary to do the BTN merely with fire, regardless of whether my mouth is full of flammable liquid...

mmm, id like to try it, but ive resigned myself not to attempt firebreathing until ive had professional instruction, person to person, heh, seems like common sense now, but damn was i itching to try it...

Educate your self in the Hazards of Fire Breathing STAY SAFE!

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
Just be aware that the longer you hold fuel in your mouth, the more fuel you are absorbing directly into your body through the membranes in your mouth...

I made myself seriously ill for several days after a few hours of practicing a routine where iheld the fuel in my mouth for a minute or longer of staff before breathing over the wicks. The least time the fuel is in your mouth the better.

(If you don't believe me, go into a Chemists (drugstore) and ask them about pills that get put under your tongue to be absorbed by the body)

Apart from that...play safe...!

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Mark PBRONZE Member
old hand
1,031 posts

Posted:
Cheers Charles,

The fuel is in mymouth for as little time as possible - believe me I hate the taste of Paraffin! I have also just started experimenting with vegetable oils so this will help a lot when I get it properly sorted out

The main factor in how long I had a mouth full of fuel was trying to move prople out of the way with a mouth full of fuel - something like 'gmmmet ommmmmutta tmmmmhe wmmmmay!'

Mark P

Mark PBRONZE Member
old hand
1,031 posts

Posted:
managed to get this on videocamera last night and also got the weave - double leg wrap - weave on tape too

Hopefully will get a chance to download before the end of the weekend (even though it is ashton court festival in bristol this weekend).

Mark P