Page:
aimecelestemember
19 posts

Posted:
Just recently, one of my wrists started clicking as I spin. I also just got over a bout of teninitis in my wrist...I want to know if anyone else has this problem? It doesn't seem to be harmful, just disturbing.

Mr MajestikSILVER Member
coming to a country near you
4,696 posts

Posted:
hmmmm *wonders how i got to the poi section of the boards* umm

interesting thread though, i'd rate it.

"but have you considered there is more to life than your eyelids?"

jointly owned by Fire_Spinning_Angel and Blu_Valley

fireflyfaeriejourneyman
73 posts

Posted:
my joints go a bit funny when i bring the poi out after britsh winter. I dont want to use poi in the house. Do u use ur poi loads

fireflyfaeriejourneyman
73 posts

Posted:
coz if u dont it mite be cos u wrists need to get back into the swing of things

akgraphicsSILVER Member
133 posts

Posted:
I do spin staff in winter (sorry this is in the poi forum but i didn't want to create the same topic under staff spinning!)

Yes, I've always tried to spin at least every other day, outside of term time (in term i can only manage twice a week) . Yeah I totally agree with you that spinning after not-spinning for a long period does do strange things to your joints.

I went to Kalahari in London briefly, and before the guys started spinning there, they were warming up as if they were about to go on a triathlon! Very amusing to watch, and I tried to copy them, and I guess there was method behind the madness ... they seemed perfectly healthy!

LazyAngelGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,895 posts

Posted:
never underestimate the benefits of a good warmup: it just feels better!

also worth a look: a documentary on skill toys and health made with Meenik

https://www.playpoi.com/skilltoys4health

Because ActiveAngel sounds like a feminine deodorant

Like sex, I'm much more interesting in real life than online.

'Be the change you want to see in the world around you' - Ghandi

fireflyfaeriejourneyman
73 posts

Posted:
ye gd warm up wud be good idea

KriskoSILVER Member
22 posts

Posted:
I get tendonitist in my right wrist from spinning.

However, over the last couple of months I've been really watching that wrist and where it's positioned in moves and transitions, and I found that I rotatate it too much inside my moves... kind of like overclocking it.

the more I work on that, the less my wrist hurts.

hope that helps smile

They're just circles.. anything's possible

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
I had some wrist problems in the past whilst spinning, as mentioned a good warm up is always the best.

This past year saw that my left Carpel Scafoid was fractured in 3 places from an road traffic accident i had back in May, this saw me off work for 4 months... a good end to all poi and juggling .
It is only until now that my wrist is building up more strength, rather than jumping right back into the swing of things (mind the pun there) i have tried to use my hand in positions that would normally occur whilst spinning or juggling but there was still pain and discomfort.

This morning i tried a simple 3 ball mills mess with oranges as i was clearing the table after lunch, and for the first time no discomfort, maybe now having had a long gap i can pick up on my journey of poi and juggling.

ubbrollsmile

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
Any one have any advice on LOCKED FINGERS? confused , i'm a metals finisher by trade these days (i clean and polish metal things for mega yatchs such as hand rails etc) i am to the understanding that it is the vibrations and nerves that give me this problem.
It is onlyevery morning i wake up with my hands in a clenched ball/fist. Its not painful to straighten them out, it was to start but now they dont hurt, it is just that they dont straighten with out me having to do it with the aid of some thing, once they are back in the normal position, they are fine again confused so therefore should not interfere with poi or juggling unless im trying to do it in my sleep. ubbrollsmile

any thoughts confused

AcciaioSILVER Member
Tangled into my spins
187 posts

Posted:
anti stress balls wink

I'm very happy to see that you are comeing back again in juggling!!!
I will wait to see you at some italian convention now!!!

Acciaio devil

meltingBRONZE Member
journeyman
76 posts

Posted:
i dont but you should really do something about that

are you gonna drink that?

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
confused at the above post.

DrudwynForget puppy power, Scrappy's just gay
632 posts

Posted:
PK, melting was answering Aimeceleste's question from 09/07/02.

melting, I have to agree with Geoff's comment, you are the forum necromancer!

Spin, bounce, be one with the world, because it is yours to enjoy...

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
What Is The Point In Answering A Question From 2002?

When It Has Already Been Discussed... In 2002, Unless There Is Some New Relevance In The Current Months.

meltingBRONZE Member
journeyman
76 posts

Posted:
personally whether you have discussed it or not there are heaps of ppl joining each week and talking about things that have already been discussed may help out other people

some people dont think of them selfs as know it alls and want to share ideads and have ideas shared with them

you guys should think about what sort of people you reply to because you dont relise how your answers can effect them frown

are you gonna drink that?

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
 Written by: melting

i dont but you should really do something about that

confused very confusing to me and non specific in what its relevance is to and to whom.

Your first post
 Written by: melting

personally whether you have discussed it or not there are heaps of ppl joining each week and talking about things that have already been discussed may help out other people

some people dont think of them selfs as know it alls and want to share ideads and have ideas shared with them

you guys should think about what sort of people you reply to because you dont relise how your answers can effect them frown

If a topic has been BUMPED then all well and good.. but as it was...

Written by: Drudwyn

PK, melting was answering Aimeceleste's question from 09/07/02.

melting, I have to agree with Geoff's comment, you are the forum necromancer!

makes no sence to me making a reply to a post 5 years ago confused

And if your comment is aimed at me as the "know it all".. then you don't know me at all... if there is a problem with my posting then use the "notify a moderator" button. ubbidea and notify them!

hug to you because by the sounds of it you obviously need some. wink

JaneWiltonnewbie
1 post

Posted:
I have been diagnosed with repetitive strain injury which really makes spinning a difficulty. I have heard people say that if you have a chronic condition you should take up to 10g of omega-3 fish oil a day. Has anybody heard anything similar? I would be concerned about a mercury dosage and so would want to take a clean omega-3 source (see: clean omega-3 fish oil) but the cost of taking so much seems prohibitive so I am interested to know what others think.

SkattoGOLD Member
Walking on whims...
687 posts

Posted:
Ever the time I point my left foot in a certain direction, it makes a little click. No harm, its just quite strange. ubblol

Use to have it in my left wrist too, but it seems to have gone now.

Skatto

"Fly like a mouse,
Run like a cushion,
Be the small bookcase."

For goodness sake, don't aggravate the otters!!!

Page: