Lucifermember
6 posts

Posted:
Hey Guys and Gals, I've had waaaayyy too much time on my hands, and I now have two very good friends. They don't talk much but do make a fantastic noise when I swing em around!!!
Anyways I been thinking of new moves, and I came up with this little beauty:
Start doin' the weave, once you got it goin' turn 90 degrees so you got the weave happennin' in front then behind instead of side to side (I tend to be puttin' poi in low instead of over the head!). Once you got that goin, when u come back in front, pull the leading hand over your head, and follow with trailing hand to get a sorta mexican wave going. When you're really good at it, you can sustain the wave for one cycle, launch back into front-back weave under the left side (sorta the equivalent of doin' the 90 degree turn from a backward weave). I now do right side for one cycle then wave then left side then wave then right again. You can also knock out the wave if you want and have a low-front-back weave going from under your right to under the left. I looks good when you're facing an audience cause you just surround yourself with FIRE!!!!
I've probably lost you all on this one, but happy trying if you wanna attemp it. If any one wants me to try a different explanation jus' let me know!!

PeDeymember
189 posts

Posted:
you can then add foward and reverse weave wrists and bicep wraps to add a different dimension to the procedings

spike

ask yourself this??.......... When was the last time you dug a hole you could be proud of???
answers on a post card

Lucifermember
6 posts

Posted:
Sorry man, wraps are lost on me at the mo, only just started swinging the poi, so I don't know much technical stuff yet!!!

PeDeymember
189 posts

Posted:
don't worry that was just to give you an idea of some of the things you can add to that combo, It wasn't meant in a bad way, just ideas thats all

Spike

ask yourself this??.......... When was the last time you dug a hole you could be proud of???
answers on a post card

Lucifermember
6 posts

Posted:
Hey not offended, jus' lost in that ol' tecchy speak!!