DocLiquidmember
97 posts

Posted:
Hey just wanted to know if there were any breakdancers out there that have begun to incorporate poi moves into there breakdancing routines as I have. If so let me know what you've come up with.

PLUR
DOC

Let us Light up the Night

Whiffle Squeekaddict
416 posts

Posted:
mmm, me and a friend have been considering this for a while, and its a wicked idea, however neither of us can break, so im afraid im not much help, but, do you have any suggestions on how to learn with the lack of an actual teacher???

sorry, im kinda turning your topic around, but ive been meaning to try and learn for a while...

Educate your self in the Hazards of Fire Breathing STAY SAFE!

RboiFrostmember
5 posts

Posted:
hey if yall wanna learn how to break, theres a good place where people can give u tips, its https://www.bboyworld.com,
go to the forums there, theyll help u out, as for breakin and ravin(poi) together, my high school group, (ehs fusion, website at bottom) does stuff like that, u can go to www.midwestflava.net if u want more info on all that, just go to the forums there and post up, peace out

AIM-TeamEpikBreakin

dj_retromember
87 posts

Posted:
I've been breakin for about 3 years now. I'm not great or anything but I can still gather a crowd. And that was one of my first thoughs when I started to spin glowsticks. I had always seen b-boys breakin with glowsticks in their shoes and what not but I wanted to spin and break...two years later I'm still workin on it. About the only thing I've really put any hard thought into was just dancing while spinning. I've found that up/top rocking while spinning makes more of a differance than anything else. Also, just some ground work, like layin back some over the head butterfly's and stuff like that. Seeing as how one would have to be on all fours for some good breakin, I don't think that spinning fire and doing any power moves is gonna happen anytime soon. I can kinda go into a 1990 (one handed spin) from my corkscrews and some simple forward rolls but not much more. If anyone gets something that just really flows I would love to read/see it.

<( ' ' )>
Fear the Kirby

dj_retromember
87 posts

Posted:
I've been breakin for about 3 years now. I'm not great or anything but I can still gather a crowd. And that was one of my first thoughs when I started to spin glowsticks. I had always seen b-boys breakin with glowsticks in their shoes and what not but I wanted to spin and break...two years later I'm still workin on it. About the only thing I've really put any hard thought into was just dancing while spinning. I've found that up/top rocking while spinning makes more of a differance than anything else. Also, just some ground work, like layin back some over the head butterfly's and stuff like that. Seeing as how one would have to be on all fours for some good breakin, I don't think that spinning fire and doing any power moves is gonna happen anytime soon. I can kinda go into a 1990 (one handed spin) from my corkscrews and some simple forward rolls but not much more. If anyone gets something that just really flows I would love to read/see it.

<( ' ' )>
Fear the Kirby