KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
well, i was practicing crotch wraps this morning (i guess i was bored) they hurt less than pretty much anything else, since they didn't contact bare skin. Anyhow, i think it would actually be possibel for (some) guys to do crotch wraps w/o pain... no, hear me out, lol! when i do them forwards the chains don't actually get anywhere near my crotch (wouldn't recommend reverse though). So, if ur not afraid to practice.. (that might be dangerous) you could prolly pull it off and we'd all be impressed that you didn't die. Or you could be an intelligent wus All I'm saying is taht it's possible. My chains were at least a good 8 inches below any actual flesh, so eh, you know, whatever. just my musings

Keep your dream alive
Dreamin is still how the strong survive

Shalom VeAhavah

New Hampshire has a point....

Whiffle Squeekaddict
416 posts

Posted:
i can crotch wrap safely forwards and reverse, just not quite a crotch wrap, more upper thigh wrap...

Educate your self in the Hazards of Fire Breathing STAY SAFE!

Kinudin (Soul Fyre)veteran
1,325 posts

Posted:
Same here whiffle, but we can pretend and make ourselves look cool.

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
my point being exactly that.

you can do an actual crotch wrap fwds if ur careful. you could prolly do it reverse but if you do it's not the way i do it cause in reverse it;s a very solid crotch wrap that hits.

or you can be wusssy and stick with ur thihgs

Keep your dream alive

Shalom VeAhavah

phunkyold hand
877 posts

Posted:
Who says no one comes up with new moves anymore lol.

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
heya here cometh phunkman again - master of all that poi-istry that haveth silly names!
hail n well met my liege! it has been many a moonth.

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
hey phunky!

nice to see you back. even if you are making fun of me.

Keep your dream alive

Shalom VeAhavah

Shouden-CrDSILVER Member
Veteran Member
495 posts

Posted:
phunky, this "new" move I think needs a new name! Let's call it fire crotch...just to make it easier to remember... or we could always resort to acornyms the IN WVE FRE CRTCH WRP

-=ÇrazyRaverÐude=-

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
oi, i never said it was new. i said it was possible for guys to actually do it instead of being wusses. and i was sleepy when i was writing all this anyhoo.

*shrugs*

Keep your dream alive

Shalom VeAhavah

JaedenGOLD Member
220 posts

Posted:
I saw some guy do this right back when I was first starting to spin, so I've been doing it for a while now.

It does get some good responce though. "Woah, that guy just canned himself", and "do it again!" are two of the most common

The world is not out to get you but if you fight it you will be eaten alive

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Scrotum wraps. They're the next thing...

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

theblackunicornmember
119 posts

Posted:
i have figured out crotch wraps going forward....but in reverse.... lets just say i sounded like a freakin smurf reject. it looks good tho and i will still work on the reverse...if not wearing a really strong cup next time .

its to dying in anothers arms and why i had to try it......

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
lol good luck blackunicorn! i know how solidly my reverse crotch wraps connect with my crotch when i do them right at all.... heh, good luck guys!

Keep your dream alive

Shalom VeAhavah

Jelloambiguous
646 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by MikeGinny:
Scrotum wraps. They're the next thing...

I am soo all over that.

ok

maybe not.

But still, the crotch wrap, fun stuff, I give it my official stamp of approval

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
I have done forward crotch wraps (on accident, in front of a chick DOH!!!) But it didn't hurt, I was surprised by that...

we eat and we drink and we smoke and we try!

IdubIHoP Lurker
272 posts

Posted:
I used to do high-thigh wraps, forwards and backwards and that was cool.

Then I read this thread.

Now I do forwards and backwards crotch wraps, no pain (tends to land on the pelvic bone below the bladder), good dangly things, dangle well, out of way, good.

The reverse wrap (where it looks like it hit you in the balls) is quite hard to get right. You need you hands very close together when they get to the small of your back.

*Oh, just for a minute,* my bed said.
"Don't lie to me," I grumbled.
*But you're so tired...*

TomSILVER Member
135 posts

Posted:
I do these too, got the soot marks on my trousers to prove it, though no-one else around here thinks its a good idea (especially my lovely girlfriend) :-)

16ft of flaming wick warms you up on a cold night. Nice and soft though..

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
Hmmm i know everyone here is having fun renaming their upper-thigh wraps crotch wraps, but it's just not quite true is it.

For it to be a true crotch wrap, the chain/wire/string wouldhave to wrap around your crotch and only your crotch...
Such as, sideways from left to right with your hips pushed forwards... eeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwww.....

I'm guessing this would be easier for guys than girls, but still not something you want to try without some sort of protective underpants...

anyway, I'll stop being irresposnible and go back to Moderating...

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

IdubIHoP Lurker
272 posts

Posted:
seriously, I can do that, not 100% of the time cause it depends on what trousers I'm wearing and what poi I'm using.

My fire-poi are quite heavy so baggy trousers aren't too much of a problem, I prefer my less baggy ones though.

With my practice poi it needs to be tight.

From behind to infront between the legs.
Reverse poi motion, weave/spin at sides, as the poi are high in the air bring your wrists together behind your back, where depends on chain/cord length.

This will bring the poi between your legs, having spun from high to low whilst you are moving your hands, the poi will then be headed in a forwards and upwards motion between your legs.

Because you have brought your wrists together the poi will be paralel(sp=wrong, but who cares?) and very close together. As they are travelling forwards and up they will hit the base of your pelvis (is this correct or is there another name?) and the cords/chains will bend around you.

as the distance travelled is actually quite far they will hit (with a bit of practice. try hitting your bladder first?) below your bladder and above your (in the case of men) dangling genitalia(sp?).

Doing forwards to backwards (if un-named I call "flaming ringpiece", or perhaps not) is a piece of piss cause you can see where the poi are.

Biggest difficulty is clipping the sides of baggy trousers, knocks the poi completely off course.

apologies for length and highly patronising nature of description.

It's now 2.27am and I STILL haven't gone to sleep.

*Oh, just for a minute,* my bed said.
"Don't lie to me," I grumbled.
*But you're so tired...*

snarfmember
28 posts

Posted:
have you men ever thought about detachable penis's ..... theres a good refrence out there , some singer talks about his experiences , i think he also twirls , does allot of crotch wraps, mostly pratices without though.... for sustainability purposes ...... although if your not carefull in remembering where you put the darn thing i heard it can be a bit of a pain in the arse

......a thought....

trust, honesty, loyalty, and forgivness...~BAH~... a good friend is someone who'll put you out when you're on fire

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
as a woman, i'm putting my useless free two cents in. detachable penis??!!! i'm sorry, but...ew. that idea just really bothers me. you coudl really learn a lot about guys taht way by the kind of penis they choose to attach tho...

oi, enough of this, i need sleep!

Keep your dream alive

Shalom VeAhavah

snarfmember
28 posts

Posted:
ahh ... my message misenterpreted yet again ! .... bugger ,,,,,,

i think ill stop my my attempt for funny shananagans as of now ...
i was refering to the song by: king missile, not to any available sex toys/accsesories available on the market (for female or male pleasure) ..

so please excuse the misscommunication and resume with the subject at hand ..

trust, honesty, loyalty, and forgivness...~BAH~... a good friend is someone who'll put you out when you're on fire

snarfmember
28 posts

Posted:
*...or did I misenterpret the reply to my mosenterpreting message ... hmmmmmmm*

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
perhaps we should just pick ourselves up and move on like nothing happened...

so, how's teh weather?

Keep your dream alive

Shalom VeAhavah