Page:
Morganemember
102 posts

Posted:
well peeps i need music to practise with and would like some specific!!! tracks u guys and galls like to twirl with (note title+band!!! i never remember these things)
right now i use an eclectic mix of clannad fairport convention and farmer boys (yes celtic folk and metal)

will add clawfinger later that week for some reason the beats of nigger (sorry but that's the name of the song) seems to go real well with the butterfly stuff.

now what i really need is a song that goes with weave type thingies i just can't get one that sorta fits the/my rythm (note to self maybe a walz??).

so please practise/spin/dance music titles from u to lil ol'moi.

do polkas work??
dies ire from mozart might .....

Morgy

Out to Wrong Rights and Depress the Opressed.

rexmember
263 posts

Posted:
welllllll, a good place to start would be here.
many user suggestions, some quite good..
COUGH stromberg - over the rainforest.mp3 COUGH
you can also use the search function to search for older threads that will have you spending days downloading.

[ 30 June 2002, 10:56: Message edited by: rex ]

AdeSILVER Member
Are we there yet?
1,897 posts

Posted:
Yes polkas work to twirl to, as does a good old fashioned sea shanty

Or you could try something really radical - no music at all

Mystaddict
439 posts

Posted:
I know it's played out but "Children of the sandstorm" is a great song to twirl to. It has it's fast parts but also slows down for some great butterfly veriations. so my best pick would be "Children of the sandstorm" Darude v.s Robert Miles.

Eric

Its about talent, not make up or costumes.

Dj Tactmember
53 posts

Posted:
For single tracks.

1]Dj Tiesto - Mauro Picotto [pulsar remix]
Doesnt get much better.

2]Planet Funk - Chase the Sun [ravers mix]

3]Scooter Vs. BBB Pinoccio - Ramp [The logical song promo] <-- future anthem

4]Scooter - Nessaja <-- future anthem

Though one track isnt nearly deep enough for me, gets you what 2-7 minutes twirl time? Naw what you need is a progressive seamless mix cd. This way you can tell a story with your twirling with speeds - tempo - pitch - varriations in technique with the susatained beat - and most of all the way you move your body. Here are some of my currect favorites, these will get you anywhere from one hour [at least] to seven [uhh save these for when your rolling]. The music is seamlessly mixed together, by some of the top DJs around right now. Here they are.

1]Christopher Lawrence - Around the World

2]PVD [Paul Van Dyk] - Polotics Of Dance

3]Fergie - Essential Mix - 01.14.01

4]Trance Nation 4 - Mixed By Ferry Corsten

Those are just a few if you want more, I have a endless amount of suggestions. If you want to hear some of it i will be more then happy to send ya some via ICQ, that is if you have cable/dsl connection. My ICQ number is 70155116, if your interested/have it.

Hope this helps!

[ 28 June 2002, 23:21: Message edited by: Dj Tact ]

Im flying away, running like the wind as i chase the sun up and spinning around, circles in my mind sailing over ground feeling the flow that Dj Tact brings down.My image is reflecting in the enemys eyes, flesh of my flesh mind of my mind. To over come want more to survive, my image is reflecting in the enemys eyes, and the enemy is reflect in the same time. I cant stop, flesh of my flesh mind of my mind, right here is where the angle start at, conflict contact, and combat, fighters say where there land is marked at, settle the dispute about whose the loudest, strongest, endless, only one of us will ride forever, so you and I cant ride togther, cant live... cant die together, all we can do is collide together, so i skillfully apply the pressure, wont stop till im forever. My doorstep where death never comes, walk tall why ever run?

Fwirl :pmember
76 posts

Posted:
Personally, I usually find some Jembe (Djembe) drums....get a group of people and ur off a, its the best eva. Jembe r african drums.
But, if u can't get them, then as I have only just started I get left with some Prodigy, Fatboy Slim is alrite, but the Prodigy song "Firestarter" is my anthem at the moment!
hope that gave a leetle bit of a different perspective!
luv the poi and the beat in the drums!!!
Lyd's

Neo:Wow, that sounds like a really good deal, but I have a better one. How about I give you the finger and you give me my phone call?

Morganemember
102 posts

Posted:
yeppers u did:)
thanx a lot and yes i did check the favourite musik thread sweetums i just got crosseyed after a while;)

this way it's much easier a manageable nummer of tips plus album tips....now all i need is scratch togither the cash to git them....
oh well

Morgy

Pink...?BRONZE Member
Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured
6,140 posts

Posted:
I use Pitchshifter a lot, esspecially 'please sir'
But when spinning fire my fav is Prodigy 'Fire Starter' no doubts about it!

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

Hangstrupmember
18 posts

Posted:
I like spinning to Safri Duo, Bongo Song works pretty well. The original club mix is supercool!
Give it a shot..

Pr0digYBRONZE Member
12 posts

Posted:
hi

i will suggest a genre:

goa trance

some artists are:

astral projection
juno reactor
total eclipse

this sound is kewl to play with

bye

Pr0digY

HelHeimLegion
SpaghettiPhreakers

lightbugmember
321 posts

Posted:
for trance (witch to me is good for weaves windmills etc) i like gouryella (artist) any of there tracks are good. i agree with sandstorm by darude and pitchin (song name) artist i think is hi gate. hhc is real good too. i like hhc because it slows down and speeds up it has little break downs which are fun for putting on a show. my all time favorite for spinning is jungle/dnb. and my favorite for dnb right now is moving fusion!!! yeah!! STAND CLEAR!!!! my favorite track by them right now is probably peace maker all though its real hard to decide.

drugs.. rock and roll. bad ass.. vegas hoes.. late night. booty calls.. shiny disco balls!!

Karenmember
12 posts

Posted:
Hey Morgane,

looks like you've got lots o'choice to weave too, thought I'd add to the list. There is a band called Kan'Nal - Tribal Acoustic Trance music. We like to spin to Iris - it has a good mixed tempo and is about 8 minutes long, but I'm sure that you could find other songs on the CD aswell. You can order the CD from the website or download via MP3

www.acoustictrance.com

Enjoy the music
Karen

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by rex:

many user suggestions, some quite good..
COUGH stromberg - over the rainforest.mp3 COUGH

Oh, sorry, Rex. Did I turn you into a "Rainforest" addict? But what a beautiful addiction, huh?

Man, I love that track...

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

SeattleLitemember
12 posts

Posted:
Well thanks you guys for turning me on to Stromberg! Wow, damn beautiful stuff.

For some fast, happy and intense melodic trance, check out System F--Out Of The Blue. I think it's on a disc called Best Trance Anthems; you should be able to find it online through Kazaa or Morpheus.

happy spinning,
-Todd

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Todd, did you get the "weak-in-the-knees" feeling first time you played that track?

I was studying when I first heard it and I dropped my pencil and my head lolled back and I just sat there completely unable to move until the track ended. I JUST managed to see what track it was (I was listening to Digitally Imported).

When I finally found it, I had to play it about thirty times before I no longer was impaired by the track. Ka-wow.

-Mike

Morganemember
102 posts

Posted:
sweety pies am at the moment dl-ing your stuff
but lil old moi has a slight problem:)
most are waaaaay to fast for me right now
simply ain't satble enough yet to spin at such a fast rythm
and also trance ain't exactly my cuppa tea
so keep em rolling dears puleeease;)

Morgy

SaltineCrackermember
1 post

Posted:
I found that the best techno/trance for poi is by a minneapolis UofM student known as the Cynic Project... Best sone is definately sidewinder. Beat is definate and makes for a great show. https://artists.mp3s.com/artists/33/the_cynic_project.html

His other songs are great too...
My second choice would be the Paul Oakenfold Tranceport CD. =)

lightbugmember
321 posts

Posted:
alright morgane if thats to fast try like daft punk or dj dan... daft punk i think is a perfect stable beat thats not to fast.. for really slow i have played the nutcracker .. although thats probably just me... you all probably think the nutcracker is pretty gay ... what?? what are you all looking at!!! dont make fun of me **lightbug sobs like a baby and runs away flailing arms out of control**

drugs.. rock and roll. bad ass.. vegas hoes.. late night. booty calls.. shiny disco balls!!

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
I'm definitely enjoying Cynic Project right now...thanks for the tip.

Doesn't quite make me weak in the knees, but definitely high quality.

-Mike

lightbugmember
321 posts

Posted:
liquid child is pretty slow trance.. its good for practice... especially diving faces

NightShade1member
368 posts

Posted:
For me best music to practice are the cool fast melodic trances =) omfg!
you get really exited and skillz to put yer pois at that fast rythm of the music yay! thats cool! =)
Making combos from butterfly to waeave families
and all the shit BTBs shit wraps
For example the first two song of Tiesto live at trance energy ummm spoiled and zigo-more and more
well the mix he use there i dont know which is but its really fast and really kewl =)

Dance like if noone were watching you

SaggyDmember
56 posts

Posted:
if you don't have one already get an MP3 Player, because if you are like me i do a lot of movement when i dance when spinning, so get yourself one, then get yourself good songs, i'm not sure what you are quite looking for, but anything fast will do, i don't really care what it is as long as it's fasts and makes me want to dance. Anything that moves you would work.... hmmm what makes me wanna move..... (takes a look in computer....

Basement Jaxx- Where's your Head at
Scooter- Fire! (everything else is great to listen to, that is some cool stuff from them, how much is the fish is great just to listen to)
Da rude- Sandstorm (what else)
I could think of more, but anything that makes you just want to dance works, if you hear something that you like throw it on MP3 player and go dancing, even if you don't have your poi.

AardvarkOnAcidmember
92 posts

Posted:
It really depends on your taste, but psytrance, and tribal house work pretty well for me. Also, Bassnectar, is pretty spinnable, as is Shpongle .

Psytrance: (albums)
SUN Project - Macrophage
Absolum - Wild
Wizzy Noise - Cylcotron
Infected Mushroom - BP Empire
Deedrah - Reload

but its basically a personal taste thing. Though I do think epic/melodic trance is a bit too feathery to really spin to

Is that all life comes down to? To be lying face down with an overenthusiastic guy in pink pin-striped pants sitting on top of you and grunting? -- Random MusingsSex, Drugs and Psytrance.

pinnymember
4 posts

Posted:
Work out what BPM, (beats per minute, for you "band" types), works best for your style, length of chain, etc, and find stuff that matches that pace. If 120 works well then try house music...at 140 you might try trance or, if you can manage it, drum n bass at around 180. Reggae (god help us!) is about half that.
If you have a musical ear you can fit odd timings by spinning triplets and combinations of single, double and triplet speed. Once you have found a dance genre that works for you, you will find most of the tunes in that style are about the same speed. Cheers
Paul

lightbugmember
321 posts

Posted:
personally i looooove dnb and jungle or hhc... there the fastest and the most fun.. !!

[ 09 August 2002, 03:12: Message edited by: lightbug ]

Paddyback from the dead...sort of
884 posts

Posted:
Mike, I finally got OTR...if you like that, nab the Max Graham remix of Cried to Dream by Bullit. Not dark enough for my tastes, but regardless the first 6 min are unbeatable and it has a similar sound to OTR.

theblackunicornmember
119 posts

Posted:
i love to spin to anything from crystal method i.e. trip like i do or blood bath. and the lords of acid song ''firegod'' is most loverly...i dont see how u could NOT spin to music tho..so whatever you enjoy and gets you to let go is great.

its to dying in anothers arms and why i had to try it......

AjtagThe occasional one...
445 posts

Posted:
i usuallu put an album on so who knows which ones i am spinning to but it is often the soundtrack to the wonderfol film pi and i think it is usually r^2 or 2r i spin to, fatof the land has funkey shit (progidy) that is nice and i think i am going to try some dj shadow and dust brothers next
- A

There are 10 types of people, those who understand binary and those who dont.
Enjoy - A

Paddyback from the dead...sort of
884 posts

Posted:
2piR is a fantastic song. Would be excellent for fire...both are so fierce...

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
Tool:Aenima track 8 left to repeat at least a dozen times. Really cheerful circusy vibe annoys the crap outta thte criminally insane tho
::twitch::

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

vaperloc...the mightylook @my member
466 posts

Posted:
I like to spin to dj Irene the first one,I also like happy hardcore vol 4,real fast paced,good for my glowsticks ,but when I use my lights I go slower cuz they are heavy so I liketracks 23 -26 on djirene for that.

There are no obstacles only challenges.
Very funny scotty now beam down my pants.
[colour."green"}What would willie do?

AHH theres too many wee leprechauns i cannae squash them all

Page: