• All Purchases made this month instantly go into the draw to win a USD $ 100.00 credit to your HoP account.

alterego
BRONZE Member since Jul 2001

alterego

Warm beer is infinitely colder than no beer

Total posts: 222
Posted:Forward butterfly, bring it overhead and in one beat bring it to a btb butterfly.

Delete Topic

Paddy

back from the dead...sort of

Total posts: 884
Posted:Holy geez man, do you *have* shoulder joints??

Delete

MrConfused
BRONZE Member since Jan 2002

MrConfused

addict

Total posts: 529
Posted:Forward - btb - overhead is easier with much the same effect, as you're following the rotation of the poi with your arms instead of going against it. Or backward - overhead - btb.
Another similar one is (from forwards): btb (slightly off to the side, more like low wave position, but both behind you at once) - overhead - behind the body on the opposite side (left poi on right side, right poi on left side).

J

If you're not confused, you're not thinking about things hard enough.

Delete

alterego

alterego

Posted:it doesn't take any extravagant shoulder movements, just practice each one individually and the transition comes naturally. i'm just spitting out idea's

another one i like to do is alternate from butterfly to btb butterfly in one beat, then continue. it takes a little practice to flip your wrists but not much.

also if you can do btb weaves it's pretty simple to to do a butterfly on each side of you btb and switch from side to side.

i can almost do a 5 beat but i can't turn right doing a forward btb weave. maybe next week

Delete

Stone
GOLD Member since Jun 2001

Stream Entrant

Total posts: 2830
Posted:Simple transitions are handy. I got caught one time because I'd never done wraps with fire, and I needed some other options, badly.

Anyhow, this is a practice thing I'm trying. From the butterfly, I just take my right poi around the back, do a stall, change direction and bring it back to the front for parallel circles. Then to the other side, and so on.

Then, there is this other "bloody awful" transition I'm trying. I take one hand from an alternating b/f transition, swing the poi up behind my head to, hopefully, start a windmill.

Cheers

If we as members of the human race practice meditation, we can transcend our fear, despair, and forgetfulness. Meditation is not an escape. It is the courage to look at reality with mindfulness and concentration. Thich Nhat Hanh

Delete

The Welcome Matt

Total posts: 193
Posted:do you turn around first? I can't picture it.. What I do is start with Forward butterfly bring it behind your head, then turn around quickly and then bring them behind my back. (they would be going on the opposite direction as if you were going into the reverse butterfly)

I dreamt that I ate a 10 pound marshmellow and then when I woke up, my pillow was gone!

Delete

NightShade1

Total posts: 368
Posted:Thats an old combo umm try rev butterfly overhead rev butterfly and btb rev butterfly its easier than forward one... well at least to me

Dance like if noone were watching you

Delete

Morgane

Total posts: 102
Posted:which reminds me
btb butterfly is haw far down at posterior hight?
the behind shoulders then logically woul be bth butterfly...or have i mixed up stuff again?

memo to myself search for around the world threads

Morgy

Out to Wrong Rights and Depress the Opressed.

Delete

alterego

alterego

Posted:btb butterfly is waist/ass area.

Delete