n8xxSILVER Member
11 posts

Posted:
i can't figure out how to do neck wraps with out smacking myself in the face. can anyone please explain to me how to do it. i want to be able to do neck wraps and also doing a 360 and neck wrap. i want to know how to do all the diffrent neck wraps. i've seen it do a few diffrent ways.

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
hmm... i dunno, i foudn it pretty easy... but i do haev a bit of advice... be careful cause i cut my neck before doin neck wraps.... not fun..

Keep your dream alive
Dreamin is still how the strong survive

Shalom VeAhavah

New Hampshire has a point....

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
Neckwrap cookies (Die eier von neckwrappen)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ingredients:
1 hand wrap
1 neck (skinless)
1 staff (preferably 1m or longer)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
the easiest way to neck wrap is a vertical neckwrap.
to wrap the neck this way, you need to grip the staff off the center.
you can do this by wrapping the staff once around the back of the hand.
und keiner eier.
lean ya head(s) forward so that it's horizontal and wrap it the longer end of the staff onthe back of your neck.
and no eggs.

that is such a bad explanation - I'll post a video of it dammit
/waits for Charles to get back to civilisation so that we mortals may see the ultraviolet light.

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

MrConfusedBRONZE Member
addict
529 posts

Posted:
The only way I've got vaguely near to working -
From forwards spinning butterfly: lean your head forwards so your neck is parallel to the ground (looking at the ground). As the right poi comes down, move your right hand so that the chain goes across the back of your neck. The poi should come down on the left side of your head. As it wraps around your neck and starts to come up on the right side, flip your head backwards so that you're looking at the sky. the poi should naturally unwrap. This can be done with both poi at the same time, or one at a time if you move the other somewhere out of the way.

J

If you're not confused, you're not thinking about things hard enough.

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
bender hun.... this is the "poi moves" section...

Keep your dream alive
Dreamin is still how the strong survive

Shalom VeAhavah

New Hampshire has a point....

Maximusmember
250 posts

Posted:
Okay, I do neck wraps with poi, and I think they are the single most dangerous move I do.
It's actually more of a face wrap. I think ring grips, cables, and blind poi are absolutely essential to the safe execution to this trick. I go out there with two poi in my right hand and swing it horizontally CCW to go into the entry.
Then I slap the rings into my throat and hold my left hand out at the 2 o'clock position (twelve o'clock being overhead), I stall the cables back to the 10 o'clock position and then thrust them back the other direction.
Repeat as desired...
I think this is dangerous because the poi could intertwine or lock together around your face--not good. Have a designated spotter with a wet towel standing by for this one.

Maximus

6,978 posts

Posted:
ahhaha right on, kyrian
my bad! I should look before i preach

pinkbuddhamember
12 posts

Posted:
first things first
your poi need to be long!!
neck wraps while possible are much more difficult with shorter chains.
start with one poi and swing it downwards. the idea is to look at the groud take the poi on the back of your neck and then when the poi is coming up again look up. if you don't look up enough it will catch on your chin. put your hand right next to your neck, the closer your hand is to your neck the longer the chain and the slower the wrap.
you can also do the neck wraps going up as well. same idea just different starting point. the chain goes around the back of the neck and when it's going to strangle you look up and let it go by.
the motion is just looking at the ground and them looking strait up. the chain never completes a full circle around your neck. (i guess that would be possible but you'd need some long chains to pull that off)
after you've got the hang of that you can also do the butterfly neck-wrap! i still manage to box myself on the ears most of the time with that one though.

BerzerkerBoimember
8 posts

Posted:
Hey man if u still cant neck wrap without eating ur poi/glowstick or skining ur neck raw, check on
www.HouseofRave.com (if u havent.) ther is a tight raver named James and he does a neck wrap like whoa .....tell me im a dumbass if u already checked ther

lightbugmember
321 posts

Posted:
i know an easy neck wrap... do the windmill and start leaning foward so your its doing the wind mill on a more horizontal plain and you r facing and looking at the ground.. so it looks kinda like a corkskrew.. get the poi spaced apart in the pattern... when you have the right hand or left whichever your better with behind your head stand up streight and wrap the poi thats behind your back around your neck it should start the wrap at the front of your neck.. make sure to unwrap quick before it gets a good hold on your neck or you will hang yourself .. comin out of it just takes good timing and control.. have fun

drugs.. rock and roll. bad ass.. vegas hoes.. late night. booty calls.. shiny disco balls!!

lightbugmember
321 posts

Posted:
even though you post on the wrong board i still find your posts really amuseing bender

drugs.. rock and roll. bad ass.. vegas hoes.. late night. booty calls.. shiny disco balls!!

6,978 posts

Posted:
lol damn man, I was all giggling and stuff when i was posting that one up too My co-workers just think that I'm incredibly amused by what appears like computer code to them.
Glad you liked the post - just remebber, no eggs!