master sodiummember
536 posts

Posted:
ok, I just started working on BTL stuff, and I'm having some difficulty. I can bring the poi between my legs, but when I go to come out of it, I always wrap the poi on one of my legs. it looks sick with the wrap, but I want to get them smooth in and out. I've been contemplaiting shortening the poi some, but I dont know if that will help at all. any advise would be much appreciated.

you can't have a war against terrorism because war IS terrorism.it's not about worshipping fire. its about making the fire want to worship you.

phunkyold hand
877 posts

Posted:
turn 180

NightShade1member
368 posts

Posted:
Just hear what phunky says andyou will do it
well that worked with me:P

Dance like if noone were watching you

phunkyold hand
877 posts

Posted:
Ok, basically what you need to do when the poi are going through you legs is move your right foot where your left foot used to be and move your left foot where your right foot used to be. Essentially turning 180. Once you figure that out, you'll find ways of making your body seem like it never turned 180 yet did because the poi went through type stuff.

MrConfusedBRONZE Member
addict
529 posts

Posted:
Phunky, do you have to jump while you're turning to get your feet in those positions?
I found that if you pivot on the foot opposite to the side the poi are entering from (poi entering from right, pivot on left foot) for forwards swinging, it works quite smoothly.

J

If you're not confused, you're not thinking about things hard enough.

phunkyold hand
877 posts

Posted:
You can jump, but don't have to. Just a quick shuffle of the legs. You can cheat some ways, your legs dont have to be EXACTLY where you the other one used to be. Just experiment and see what you can get away with. Just the 180 thing is as basic as i can explain it.

pozeeBRONZE Member
old hand
887 posts

Posted:
hey all, i was playing with my poi the other day and figured this one out. did not think it would work, but it did. and i am not sure if it has come up before. doing a reverse BF, you can throw the right poi between the right leg(coming from the outside) and the left poi between the right leg(coming from the inside) turn 180 with your leg extended straight out and bring them both out on the other side for a forwards BF...

anyone got a light?

phunkyold hand
877 posts

Posted:
For tougher Between the legs moves try this thread i did a some months ago. I think the move you mentioned pozee is in this thread somewhere.

Crosshanded/Crosslegged BTL moves

Paddyback from the dead...sort of
884 posts

Posted:
Master NA, I'm assuming you've seen the Sage movies in the vids section and that that is what has spiked the interest in BTL move, but in case it's not, make sure to go watch them because she does great BTL stuff and I'd imagine it would help you along.

NightShade1member
368 posts

Posted:
Master NA firts learn doing btl moves with 180 degrees turn... you need to turn so yer pois can go out from yer legs
if you wont move they just can get in but they can get out...
when you get more practice you willl do it without turning i guess

Dance like if noone were watching you

master sodiummember
536 posts

Posted:
actually I had never seen a BTL move before sage, but heard about it and have been waiting to see it since I got on this board. and I can get it without the 180 (not very often though). and it works well when I jump and go BTL.

you can't have a war against terrorism because war IS terrorism.it's not about worshipping fire. its about making the fire want to worship you.