Googleplex-firemember
1 post

Posted:
I spent a considerable time on Koh Phangan in Thailand and played poi with the locals. One of their moves is to use about a foot of chain and, in front of the body spin them vertically with ur hands turned inwards so there is a wheel infront of ur face. Then slowly lean back, kneel down, and then lie flat with the spinning circle over your chest/face. Looks great with fire and all u need is the ability to be able to get up again!! Enjoy!

[ 24 May 2002, 01:11: Message edited by: [Josh] ]

Atheism is a non-prophet organisation..

Fairy Ladymember
63 posts

Posted:
another thing people have found cool, that sounds similar is I do a butterfly and then lay down on the ground so I am sandwiched between the ground and the butterfly. there is a lot of playing you can do with this, with the big butterfly and kneeling. And for some reason the guys think it is really sexy to see a girl laying on the ground sorrounded by fire, go figure.
Molly

Jimmember
24 posts

Posted:
I've seen a similar move with about a foot of chain, but the girl crouched forward until the poi were spinning under her legs, then followed forward into a forward roll, standing at the end with the poi still in the same move!

Its a fish!

Jimmember
24 posts

Posted:
I've seen a similar move with about a foot of chain, but the girl crouched forward until the poi were spinning under her legs, then followed forward into a forward roll, standing at the end with the poi still in the same move!

Its a fish!

Paddyback from the dead...sort of
884 posts

Posted:
Googleplex, I think that move is called the buzzsaw. People on this iste named it a while back.

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
re: that buzzsaw posting, i concur with The Paddy(tm) i think the Buzzsaw is the most appropriate (and most impressive!) name. People have showed it to me "Hey Bill! ya gotta see this new move i invented!" calling it... the ferris wheel? the bycicle? the wheel? pah! a Jedi craves not these names! buzzsaw owns! (c'mon any name that's lifted from a character from the flick 'The Running Man' has to be good!)

"Where's buzzsaw?"
(in arnie voice)"He had to Spliiit!"

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

KatincaSee my vest.... see my vest...
693 posts

Posted:
josh looks on as Heather Feather runs in and yells:

"**B U Z Z S A W W G H!!!!**"

hehee...

Josh

Love and Light

~*~ Katinca ~*~

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Hi Guys!

I love the Buzzsaw!

just thought I'd change the name of the thread to a more descriptive one..for the search engine.

Thanks,

[Josh]

Gabrielmember
13 posts

Posted:
I dunno how exactly I pull this off, and I'm at work so I can't write down a play by play right now, but I've figured out how to go from a weeve or that move that's like a wind mill but right in front of you with reeeally short chains that pass in between your arms so you have two parrallel figure eights (sorry, lousy description) and then I roll onto my back, and I roll the poi into a butterfly if they're in the weeve, or I can go into a buzzsaw on my back from the second thingy-sort-of move I love so much.
If I have enought momentum I can roll out of it. Or I just kick my self up. I wish I could do one of those ninja kick-up thingies...but I still need my hands for those.

How much junk could a ninja chuck if a ninja could chuck junk with nunchucks?

Mark PBRONZE Member
old hand
1,031 posts

Posted:
yeah - this move is also known as burn the nose I think.

Here is a piccie of me doing it the other day although my chains are a bit too long for me to try and pass it through my legs without at least a cricket box for protection!!

https://wood2.woodyland.org/pictures/part...f1629-1-0.shtml

Mark

SmallBoy - xCarpal \'Tunnel
2,737 posts

Posted:
Can't really add anything to this other than saying that a girl laying on the ground surrounded by fire is quite sexy, but a girl laying on the ground surrounded by her clothes does it for me every time
Gonna have to try that move though, even if it does break both my legs standing up again. - Ouch

Small Lardy Person In Disguise

Fairy Ladymember
63 posts

Posted:
Well small boy, if that is your real name, I actually quite embarrassed myself the other day. I deceided to do it on a hill, no biggy, but while i was lying in the light of a full moon and fire was spinning around me i did not realize the snap on the back of my bikini like shirt had come undone. It was not until I was standing back up, which i do very quickly, that I realized I was losing my top. So I clampped my arms down while my safety came in behind and harnessed me back in. I thought you might get a kick out of it But you should not have to break your legs or back. just position your body so you are laying completely flat on the ground and do a situp. I normally move it above my head but on this occassion I did not feel it wise.
Molly

Jade Lynxmember
239 posts

Posted:
*SIGH*
Having bad knees (stupid @$*%*# car accident), i can't do any of that "get down, get funky, get back up again" stuff... i'm jealous!

We got the MikeZ in the house, woot!Glue the ham, hat baby!

the_fishy_onemember
4 posts

Posted:
hey guys ive been doing buzzsaw for a while and if you have long poi spin them backwards to wrap them round your hands a bit them turn into it (looks impressive) then go backwards onto the ground after that do a bit of weave them pretend that each poi is a propelor at have one of each side in front of you as you get up a bit of fun

get used to blisters tho if your using wire

is fire is goodly

Mark PBRONZE Member
old hand
1,031 posts

Posted:
lol - i still have a big blister on my left index finger from the Jubilee bank holiday weekend! I hadnt done much shortening with fire before but I had recently learnt to do BTN so was playing a lot with it.

Oh well I have a new set of chains now so I shouldnt suffer again!

Mark