adamricepoo-bah
1,015 posts

Posted:
Here's a fun one I just figured out. When doing a 5-beat weave, on the intermediate rotation (I know, that's a lousy description--I mean the one before your wrists twist around each other) separate your hands and make a giant swing at your sides (elbows locked straight, wheeling at the shoulders) Bring the hands back together and let the wrists wrap up as usual and cross over. Repeat.

It's a little tricky keeping your chains' trajectories right, but it can be done. And actually, when you separate your hands, you can do anything, not just a giant swing.

Laugh while you can, monkey-boy

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
Cheese whizz! you austintonianz people don't take prisoners hey? how heavy are yer poi to do that?!? the speedup must be wikkid!

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
I really like doing big weave, even threebeat, and it speeds up nice when you bring it down again.

this trick be nice wit giant fountain inna middle...

Love to the poi'ers

N

This is a post by tom, all spelling is deleberate
-><- Kallisti

adamricepoo-bah
1,015 posts

Posted:
Actually, I tend to do the 5-beat faster than other moves, and I slow way down on the giant swing (my preferred style is pretty slow), so I don't really think the speedup is an issue for me.

I like using giant swings to punctuate breaks in the music.

Credit where it's due: a friend of mine, Lisa, taught me how to insert a giant swing when turning from a fwd 3-beat weave to a reverse--I call this a "giant lower fountain," a very cool-looking move. It was really by extrapolating from that that I figured out this move.

[ 16 May 2002, 06:31: Message edited by: adamrice ]

Laugh while you can, monkey-boy