Girmember
9 posts

Posted:
I think I got it, or atleast the basics going. It just feels weird because it's considered a 3 beat, but it feels like I'm only doing two. The one over, the one under, then, it's like, half a beat, to the other side, and you repeat. But I got it. Yay!

PS. This' Graphicviolence - in case anyone cares.

I'm gonna sing the doom song now. Doom doom doom doom doom do-doom doom DOOM..doom doom do-doom doom doom doom

phunkyold hand
877 posts

Posted:
Hmm, you might be doing a figure 8. A way to check if you're doing the weave is check what your hands are doing. If the motion has right over left, left over right (repeat). Then you have it right. If you only have on hand going over you're doing a figure 8.

Girmember
9 posts

Posted:
Well, I cross right over left on the left side, then left over right, then cross my body, and repear..left over, then right over, pull across

I'm gonna sing the doom song now. Doom doom doom doom doom do-doom doom DOOM..doom doom do-doom doom doom doom

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
Is it symmetrical? the trickiest in learning i found was to synchronise the not-symmetrical-at-all nature of the weave.

Hey Gir, *I* wanna be a mongoose!

Non-Https Image Link

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

phunkyold hand
877 posts

Posted:
You're doing a weave then from your explanation.

Morganemember
102 posts

Posted:
say i wonder about something...the crossover part of the weave when u turn your upper body the other direction...how are the pois to move there?
for me it looks like one is chasing the other the top one a bit higher and to the front (the top one being the left one when i turn to the right)
that correct?
Morgy

Out to Wrong Rights and Depress the Opressed.

Damiamember
15 posts

Posted:
Woohooo... I'm proud to say I finally got the weave working last night. It's a little jerky and I still hit myself on the odd occasion, but more practise and I'll get it smoother. The more I play, the more I'm enjoying myself. Hell, I even brought my poi with to work today to practise during smoke breaks. (You should see how many people stare at you)

Can't wait to get a 4 and 5 beat weave right.

Damia.

Mother always told me I'd wet my bed if I played with fire. Guess I'll just have to buy some rubber sheets.

Damiamember
15 posts

Posted:
Woohooo... I'm proud to say I finally got the weave working last night. It's a little jerky and I still hit myself on the odd occasion, but more practise and I'll get it smoother. The more I play, the more I'm enjoying myself. Hell, I even brought my poi with to work today to practise during smoke breaks. (You should see how many people stare at you)

Can't wait to get a 4 and 5 beat weave right.

Bah, mental note. Don't hit the back button after posting.

Damia.

[ 04 May 2002, 03:38: Message edited by: Damia ]

Mother always told me I'd wet my bed if I played with fire. Guess I'll just have to buy some rubber sheets.