PeDeymember
189 posts

Posted:
has any one got a funky way of coming out of a 360 weave? I've been working on coming out to a corkscrew but it's still very messy,
Could extra beats be added in to a 360 weave??? lets have your thoughts

live life
SpIke

ask yourself this??.......... When was the last time you dug a hole you could be proud of???
answers on a post card

Shouden-CrDSILVER Member
Veteran Member
495 posts

Posted:
Ya, I can come out of a 360 into a corkscrew. It's kinda cool looking, especially if you end in a rvs corkscrew. (: As for the extra beats in a 360..dunno I'll have to give that one some thought.

-=ÇrazyRaverÐude=-

Hazel Shawshailmember
2 posts

Posted:
Call me stupid, but what's a 360 weave? I really like the weave and variations thereof, I'd be interested in learning this.

phunkyold hand
877 posts

Posted:
360 weave is

fwr weave - rev weave - fwr weave

basically turning 360 when doing a weave.

pozeeBRONZE Member
old hand
887 posts

Posted:
yeah there are extra beats, do the 5beat 360 weave...

anyone got a light?

fluffy napalm fairyCarpal \'Tunnel
3,638 posts

Posted:
5-beat 360 to 4 beat corkscrew would run like clockwork if my left hand bothered putting in the necessary effort. i can't seem to provoke an ounce of interest or commitment in it, or even coax it to try and keep up. Ah well - it's a slow learner. Lives in the shadow of a much higher achiever..........

Geologists do it in the dirt................ spank

frodusmember
92 posts

Posted:
I tried this the other night
360 weave
windmill
corkscrew
then i get the poi to be in phase with eachother, and JUMP over both of them
i've done this lit and unlit and its amazing to get on video

another FUN way to get into the weave
is do a butterfly
wrap the RIGHT poi around your LEFT forearm
then each poi is in the same direction, turn right 90 degrees and start the weave

then go to a 360 weave, its TIGHT as all hell
haven't done it lit because of the wrap....YET

Peace,Travis IM: frodus17

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
sounds wicked frodus, i can't wait for the rain to let up so i can prove how untalented i am....

dah,why don't wraps ever work for me!!!!

Keep your dream alive
Dreamin is still how the strong survive

Shalom VeAhavah

New Hampshire has a point....

yabyumBRONZE Member
11 posts

Posted:
I don't really know any "funky" ways, except maybe wrapping one on the other arm, and the unwrap leads into a butterfly. The 360 is a fun move that I use a lot. Once you get the hang of it it's really easy to transition into a 5-beat-360, or into a corkscrew. I like to then go into a 4beat-360 corkscrew, do a wrap around one leg, and reverse it. I really can't say what it looks like, because I've never seen anyone else do it, but other people seem to enjoy it.

PeDeymember
189 posts

Posted:
Thanx peps I'm just getting the hang of the 5beat weave and the reverse, I just can't get the transition to a corkscrew, have to spend some more time on that one!!
Cheerz
Spike

ask yourself this??.......... When was the last time you dug a hole you could be proud of???
answers on a post card

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
The way I see it, most moves are weave based or butterfly based. From a weave you can easily get into any weave based moves. Sure you can add beats anywhere you want... 5 beat weave, 4 beat corkscrew, follow the sun etc... are just slight variations on eachother. Or mix it up and switch to both poi on the same beat.

To get into a butterfly based orientation, just do a wrap with one poi...

And for corkscrews from weaves make sure you are leading with the correct hand, especially if you want to do 3 or 4 beats. If you enter the corkscrew with arms crossed the "wrong" way or leading with the "wrong" hand you're toast.

And Kyrian, as for wraps, I'd start with leg wraps. Just hold one poi, spin, and wrap a thigh, now you're spinning in the other direction. If it tangles, don't wrap as much string (until you get the angle right where it won't self tangle/kill you)... And make sure you have chains that won't catch.

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
thanks nyc, i have leg wraps down a treat. what's your next suggestion?

Keep your dream alive

Shalom VeAhavah

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
Next suggestion? Teach me!!!

(staff person, non-poi god talking )

It was a day for screaming at inanimate objects.

What this calls for is a special mix of psychology and extreme violence...

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
lol, 360 means 360.....

here i am getting so diizy doing circles i can't cemo out into a decent transition more than half the time... tho i almost got it today... and you guys meant 360, as in one full circle.

i feel kinda liek i did when i learnt that the balls go teh same direction in the corckscrew.

hey rozi, just wander over here. thos eleg wraps arn't to bad after you beat urself up a bit.

now, what do i do next to learn wraps?

Keep your dream alive

Shalom VeAhavah

Whiffle Squeekaddict
416 posts

Posted:
whilst holding one poi in your right hand, swing it on your left side going forwards, stick your left arm out straight to the side, let the chain of your poi strike your arm on the underside, try and get it towards the head of the poi as it will unwrap more easily, pull a bit and then poi will now be spinning in reverse on your left side, and taa daa, you have completed a basic wrap, now if you throw that same wrap in with the left hand holding a poi as well, whilst youre doing the weave, and turn 90 degrees to your left as you unwrap, you will have transitioned from a forward weave to a butterfly...

try that kyrian, if it doesnt work, i guess todd and i will help you with that in june as well

oh, and not to be critical or anything, but unless youre doing very basic wraps, that dont involve transitions, id suggest smoothing out your weave before you start trying to wrap from move to move, it helps loads when doing wraps if your poi are following very regular smooth paths, so you know exactly where theyre gonna be when they wrap...

eee gads, that was long, sorry all...

Educate your self in the Hazards of Fire Breathing STAY SAFE!

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
I think i may have cracked teh general sense of wraps today... first rule, practice with short chains first.... altho, i swear i will adapt them to my long chains.

And, my weave is quite smooth now thank you. I was a little nervous when you saw it, that's all... kind alike my turns started suffering today when i got nervous... I only get nervous when i "perform" esp cause i'm not good enough to be doing so... or when i think everyone is watching me..... s'nice about the courtyard, i cna't tell when everyoen is watching me...

eesh, how far off topic are we?

Keep your dream alive

Shalom VeAhavah

redragonxmember
73 posts

Posted:
since we're off topic, i'll just add to the general confusion. i figured this one out buy accident: start with abasic weave chase, then on the upswing, move your arms above your head to spin the poi in front and then behind your head (i think this might be the corkscrew, but im not sure) and then move your arms back down to move back into a weave. if you repeat fast enough, it looks like the poi are moving in a wierd cage type thing around you.

~A Soft Rubber Bodybuilding Smurf~

Sepamember
184 posts

Posted:
Am I right in thinking that's the fountain? And when they're above your head, that's the windmill??

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Really, ANY way of coming out of a 360 weave is cool (except screaming in panic as the flaming poi tangle around your left leg...).

One nice thing to do is to do another 360 right away. Or two. Try not to do more than 3-4 in a row or you get dizzy. (guess how I know... )

You can also work windmills into the middle of a 360. Just try not to think about it and put your hands over your head as you are spinning and it just reflexively happens.

I normally finish a 360, or 720, or 1080 with a windmill and keep my feet firmly rooted on the ground for a few seconds while I re-orient.

Peace.

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
Ah yes, the infinite circle......

I love those.... four times around really is usually the limit if you want to come out decently....

But yeah, i spin in circles and it's fun fun fun fun fun.... i actually didn't learn to do 360's/720's until long after started spinnning in cirlces until i got too dizzy to keep going.....

i feel like deja vu here...

they're changing it! they're changing it!

Keep your dream alive

Shalom VeAhavah

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
jah mon - i recken he's referring to les fountain. it's the most graceful 'not-so-basic' combination outthere IMHO. the way i describe it is it's a sequence of

1.fwd weave
-->180 transition to -->
2.rev weave
-->overhead transition -->
3.windmill
-->transition overhead to sides-->
1.repeat

yeh an i didn't want to call it a 360 weave + windmill cus that's just cheating
for the above trick i suggest conditioner with shampoo as it retains more moisture. mmm clairol. staff twirlers are people too!

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
yay!!! yayyyyyyy! yay!!!!

Bender_the _Offender, you are now my god.

I understadn what the fountain is! I understadn what the fountain is! And i even think i can already do it one way... oh, watch me be wrong... i can feel this already.... but right now i'm happy:)

Keep your dream alive

Shalom VeAhavah

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
beware tho, my scentless apprentice, for i needth to say Hark.

..HARK!

for you see the fountain is a beast of many shapes, depending on what transitions you use, n how smoothly u can do eet.

there is the fountian that my friends like Luke n Drea perform; -*graceful*.

the gracful method makes the poi spin in exactly the same axis/plane/corridor (according to what system you use to name 'planes') beautifully as you body arches and flexes in cicles. To the untrained eye, the circle of fire(tm) bobs up n down, but keeps it's shape, while the performer spins and spins while unmistakably still attached to the pois - the fire pervert in me reckons it's the hottest move. i've tried for a few hours last night to do it - but only managed to cock it up - reverse weave --> overhead transition --> windmill looks hella akward right now...
ah well, at least...there..is....another...skywalker...

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
my brother does a 360 spin with three sides...... dunno if that makes sense, but he calls it a spinning wazoo....... so far he's up to ten spins round, lol before he falls over! it looks awesome....

Currently on the right side up of the world.

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
yeah i've doen that too, it gets me royally confused. i've acidentally done it when trying to do normal circles too, whcih leaves me even more confused.

thank you oh great god..... *chuckles*

*wishes to be less sick so she could run out and practice some more*

Keep your dream alive

Shalom VeAhavah

adamricepoo-bah
1,015 posts

Posted:
Circular weave is one of my faves, too. Here's a fun variation. Do this, but keep your arms out at your sides, so the chains aren't weaving in with each other at all. It's trickier than it sounds, but it looks cool (and when someone takes a picture of it, you get *insane* fire trails).

Laugh while you can, monkey-boy