Forums > Beginner Poi Moves > who out there makes the best poi?

Login/Join to Participate

Salingermember
382 posts

Posted:
fellow fire lovers,

I have been fire staffing for quite a while now and have decided to buy myself some fire poi. I've had a bit of a look around and have discovered that quite a lot of people who make good poi freelance for a bit cheaper.

Are you one of these makers? Are you in the UK area?

If you are up for offering your ideas/prices then email me at djsalinger@hotmail.com to let me know.
I'd really appreciate it.

A conspiracy of silence speaks louder than words...

master sodiummember
536 posts

Posted:
since you've been staffing for some time, you undoubtedly know how to wrap your own wicks, so making your own poi from parts on this site, or from hardware stores should be a cinch for you. I found the poi that I made myself (not fire though) have lasted longer then the poi that I bought, for about 1/3-1/2 the price I could find elsewhere.

you can't have a war against terrorism because war IS terrorism.it's not about worshipping fire. its about making the fire want to worship you.

Shouden-CrDSILVER Member
Veteran Member
495 posts

Posted:
masterna,
I would be interested in hearing what you do differently that cuases your wicks to be so much more durable!

As on the subject of making your own equipment. I would tend to think that the people that have been performing longer, prolly either make their own equipment or at a bare minimum prolly know HOW to make their own equipment.

-=ÇrazyRaverÐude=-

master sodiummember
536 posts

Posted:
not the wicks, like I said "not fire". I'm just referring to the cable assembly I rigged up. I bought a pair of chains that lasted me like three months and broke, but the ones I made before I bought the chains are still good. I'm assuming that I just got a shitty pair of chains.

you can't have a war against terrorism because war IS terrorism.it's not about worshipping fire. its about making the fire want to worship you.

Salingermember
382 posts

Posted:
Thanks to both of you for getting back to me so quick.

You know, you are both right, I should make the effort to make the poi myself, I'm just really busy these days with work and I also DJ which takes up a lot of my time.

I've made a staff before which was really satisfying and rewarding to do and so I'm going to go for it and get working on my set of poi. There are some excellent sites for this that I've visited but which did you follow out of interest?

Happy spinning, have a good one...

A conspiracy of silence speaks louder than words...