Forums > Beginner Poi Moves > my pois arrived hurrray (day 1)

Login/Join to Participate

Morganemember
102 posts

Posted:
finally they arived....started practising at once but it started raining (so much for trying for open space but i am sure the apple tree appreciated is at least it got to keep some blossoms).
at home i scared the cat, destroied some dried roses (those tails fly whoooee)hit my lamp and my head (in this order). decided to call it a day before i break something vital (like my nose).

one thing is odd though why is backwards so much easier than forward.....

oh well
Morgy

Out to Wrong Rights and Depress the Opressed.

xtremravr...was here..member
337 posts

Posted:
sounds like me when i was learning...wait a inute, that still sounds like me..lol =) congrats on getting your poi, good luck and try not to hurt yourself too bad, i know it isnt good bc i do it alot...lol...

Peace Luv Uni-t Respect Responsa-what?!?! Xtrem

Jelloambiguous
646 posts

Posted:
ahh yes, sounds like me when I got my chains Learning whole new moves with chains may not be a good idea. Sometimes I think I should buy some practice poi, just cause me with a pair of chains and old dead taped up glowsticks on the ends isn't terribly flashy. Oh well, I guess I just won't be flashy. Plus I can get the bloodied and tough look much easier when I practice with chains

Morganemember
102 posts

Posted:
*giggle*
guess why i bought beginners pois it bonked but didn't hurt all that much.
today i will try to hit my nose.
any bets ladies and gentlemen how often i will manage?
Morgy

master sodiummember
536 posts

Posted:
yeah, I gave up on indoor practicing after two days. but that probably was cause I broke my 4-ft waterpipe. damn I miss that thing.

you can't have a war against terrorism because war IS terrorism.it's not about worshipping fire. its about making the fire want to worship you.

Morganemember
102 posts

Posted:
by now my lampshade has a nice big dent in it....oh well. i guess i'll take it off:).
Morgy
btw am i stupid but i just don't get the flop over your hand and twirl behind the back thingy (for the butterfly) about all i do is bonk myself in the face

master sodiummember
536 posts

Posted:
don't worry, I can do most of the moves on the site (including 5-beat weave, btb weave ect.) but I still cannot do a btb butterfly.

you can't have a war against terrorism because war IS terrorism.it's not about worshipping fire. its about making the fire want to worship you.

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
My new fire poi arrived at work yesterday (I used their postal address). My boss left early & so there was only me in the office, so I took them for a spin!!! It was soooo much fun!!!

I have never done fire poi before, only fire staff, I can't wait to play with them lit, probably not in an office environment...

It was a day for screaming at inanimate objects.

What this calls for is a special mix of psychology and extreme violence...

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
I just received some rather pretty poi form Malcom today...

I also got some Kevlar, which means by teh end of next week I am going to have... practice poi, poi with tails, fire poi, and four sets of chains for my practice and fire varieties... am i obsessed yet? mm, mebbe i'll only have three pairs of chians b/c i have to make anotehr pair this week but then i have to find ball chain for the fourth pair.... hm.

I was about to ask if there was rehab. Then i realized, poi is rehab. there's not going to be as much room in my carry-on anymore.....

Keep your dream alive
Dreamin is still how the strong survive

Shalom VeAhavah

New Hampshire has a point....

Morganemember
102 posts

Posted:
rofl!!!
good thing i kept tight reign on myself. i only ordered beginenrs poi the books on staff and all the poi videos (note that my vcr is broken).

oh update on the poi front.
butterfly normal style seems to run pretty reliably though i still tend to strangle myself when i try alternate and high buts.
i finally cut them tails off such a relieve!!!
now all i need to learn is the rest of all the cool stuff;).
somehow the turn thingies and wrap thingies and btl thingies start colliding in my head...i even dream pois......

say after twirling practise do u feel that your whole body keeps twirling even if u are in bed?? feels a bit odd that
Morgy

fluffy napalm fairyCarpal \'Tunnel
3,638 posts

Posted:
not sure about the bed thing but i often find my hands doing an involuntary weave......hmmm

Geologists do it in the dirt................ spank

Morganemember
102 posts

Posted:
giggle the weave oh my
that's what i am trying to learn right now
i sorta can do a weavish thingy in same time
when i try split time i start messing up ...sort of
BOIIIIINK OUCH!!
grin
oh well i will get it eventually
Morgy

poiboiinthahouse137member
2 posts

Posted:
yeah it kinda is like that at first im still waiting for my poi i got the beginers set good luck morgane

brighter and brighter louder and louder

Mark PBRONZE Member
old hand
1,031 posts

Posted:
just thought I would say hi Morgane - possibly see you in chat later

Morganemember
102 posts

Posted:
*pounce*
d-day tomorow
(hope it doesn't rain!!)
i'm gonna buuuuuuuuuuuuurn
wheeeeeeeeeee
Morgy