Paddyback from the dead...sort of
884 posts

Posted:
THE GOOD NEWS: I just got the btb weave.
THE BAD NEWS: I can only do it naked.

This news is especially bad for my roommate.

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
might i ask why you can only do it naked? and doesn't it hurt more when you mess up?

Keep your dream alive
Dreamin is still how the strong survive

Shalom VeAhavah

New Hampshire has a point....

The Welcome Mattmember
193 posts

Posted:
HAHA!! Whats even stranger is that I'm the same way!!

Well.. I haven't gotten it perfectly but i'm almost there... I find that if i'm wearing clothes.. no matter how baggy or not, the poi ALWAYS hit then and mess up my efforts. The other day I could only do it in my underwear and beleive me... Crotch shots hurt A LOT more when you're not wearing pants.

I dreamt that I ate a 10 pound marshmellow and then when I woke up, my pillow was gone!

phunkyold hand
877 posts

Posted:
Are there anymore naked btb weave spinners on this board? lol, you guys are halarious

Jelloambiguous
646 posts

Posted:
hehe, oh my

I'm close to getting it, I've been just breaking stuff down and practicing with each hand seperatly, now I have to try to bring them together. But it should happen sometime soon. And yeah, with my left hand, no matter what I do, it always catches on my pants. My right side is fine, never gets caught, but my left always done. I should give this naked practicing some thought, hehe.

884 posts

Posted:
Definitely do the nude, dude.

By next week I hope to have a btb weave that won't get me arrested when I practice in the park.

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
I am so amused. if i mess up it's (ok, when i mess up, which is constantly)usually a pretty solid hit in some part of my body. often my left hand into my right calf, on teh second circle on that side. in fact, that's what i do just about as soon as i start it, almost every time. i wonder if practicing naked would help... nope, i almost always practice in public, that would be bad. have fun guys

Keep your dream alive

Shalom VeAhavah

884 posts

Posted:
yeah, most of my attempts end in solid hit too...but one day I realized (for this move at least) that the solid hits are always after the poi brush some loose clothes and go off path. so I lost the clothes and it went like clokwerk.

give it a shot Kyrian! I'm sure you'd get an audience, whether it helps with the move or not.

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
heh, i'm sure i would too. think i'll pass tho. i don't wear very much clothing come summer anyhow, it'll all be good

Keep your dream alive

Shalom VeAhavah