Forums > Beginner Poi Moves > How is the One Arm same hand wrap done?

Login/Join to Participate

Intelectmember
1 post

Posted:
I just mastered the behind the back weave five minutes ago and I am sooooo incredibly excited!!! Finally, aftward weeks of practice, I finally got it. My question is on how to do a wrap with the same arm that your swinging with. I have read the wrap article and it doesn't explain it well. I was wondering if one of you experts out there could help me out with this. Thanks a lot!!

Jon,

ANYONE IN NORTHERN VIRGINIA...GIVE ME A HOLLA

Traceredmember
71 posts

Posted:
From a forward spin, I move at the moment that the poi pass their highest peak, bringing my hands into my armpits. This creates a nice large object (your folded up arm) for the poi to wrap, lessening the danger of catching your poi on themselves. In reverse, I usually bring my hands to the tops of my shoulders instead of the armpits. I am sure there are many other ways of doing this, but this one worked out to be easy for me.

peace

An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind - Mahatma Gandhi

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
depends also on the length of you poi, I use med length poi (about one inch shorter than arm length) so I can wrap on just my upper arm while holding my hand out away from by bicep. I think, tracered, I have been neglecting your style of wrap I'll try to do better

we eat and we drink and we smoke and we try!