Forums > Beginner Poi Moves > How do i do the 5 point weave?

Login/Join to Participate

Wyrmmember
3 posts

Posted:
I can already do the 3 point weave, i just dont know how to do the 5 point. someone please explain.

Let us light up the night

JaedenGOLD Member
220 posts

Posted:
Other than searching past topics I can't offer much advice on such a broad question. Check the poi moves section as well (that's where I learn't it).

And to go from the 3-beat to the 5-beat, you need to do 4 beats on one side first. Then when you untwist your arms on the other side and add the extra beat you end up with 5.

The world is not out to get you but if you fight it you will be eaten alive

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
go here

https://www.homeofpoi.com/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=reply;f=3;t=000602

point

we eat and we drink and we smoke and we try!

glowshowmember
406 posts

Posted:
Umm...two things I thought you might consider...

5-POINT?? or 5-BEAT??

You posted a link to reply to this thread.

5-point weave (or at least my understanding) starts with a forward weave (I guess you could reverse all of these moves and do it as well) and follows through immediate transitions from the forward weave starting point, to 2 beats of a reverse on the right (behind you), 2 beats forward in front, 2 beats behind the head (windmill), 2 beats back in front, and 2 beats reverse on the left (behind you). It can also be called a 5-PART weave. The first part (or point) is behind you, #2 is in front to the side, #3 is over the head, #4 is in front on the other side, and #5 is behind you to the other side. But then again, I could be smoking crack like whoever made up the fountain...

FREE TIBET!!! (with the purchase of a 44 oz. drink)What do you want to be when you grow up?I want to be a kid again!I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.~~~J~~~