Forums > Beginner Poi Moves > One handed butterfly questions

Login/Join to Participate

Traceredmember
71 posts

Posted:
OK, so I have the one handed butterfly down backward and forward with no problems. Pretty much, I could sit there and do it all night if I was so inclined. It seems, however, that there must be something else I can do besides just spinning them in front of me forever. If anyone has moves that they can do from the one-handed butterfly I would love to hear about them.

peace

An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind - Mahatma Gandhi

phunkyold hand
877 posts

Posted:
pull it behind your head. turn it to reverse by going left or right. wrap it somewhere so it changes directions. throw it under your leg. kick one so it goes the other direction so you can do a one handed figure 8.

Bendymember
750 posts

Posted:
I am working on passing it from one hand to the other around the back then in front, so the butterfly is flying around my body - oooh how pretty... wanders off to chase the pretty butterflies

Courage is the man who can stop after only one peanut

Traceredmember
71 posts

Posted:
Hey Hey

Thanks for the quick replies folks. Looks like I have plenty to work on now Keep 'em commin if you got em, though.

peace

An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind - Mahatma Gandhi

frodusmember
92 posts

Posted:
if you aren't talking about fire....

-try wrapping around your neck or legs or other arm
-go behind the back
-tilt your body so the poi are on your left side, then walk through them so they are on the right, the vice versa

Peace,Travis IM: frodus17

The Welcome Mattmember
193 posts

Posted:
Got the one handed weave by accident when I was trying one handed butterfly moves yesterday It looks cool

I dreamt that I ate a 10 pound marshmellow and then when I woke up, my pillow was gone!