Forums > Beginner Poi Moves > Phunky what the hell is this?

Login/Join to Participate

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
Right'o , got this one down the other day whilst having a poi session with Kaot in the park!Sort of a 4 beat windmill then some!as you do 2 beats infront then as you stick them behind your head turn 360 as they are rotating behind your head then pull them back infront! make any sense?>feels nice to pull off.Any idea's on names for that move? or if it could be a 6 beat? kinda feels like a wrap release..PKhttps://uk.geocities.com/poi_in_the_park_sheffield

phunkyold hand
877 posts

Posted:
There's 2 things i can think of that your doing. Depending on how you're turning 360. Either you're just turning a 4-beat windmill by spinning horizontally. Or you're adding an extra beat at the end by your windmill by spinning 360 vertically (with your back tilted somewhat). If you're doing it that way, try spinning a couple of more times and keep your hands where they are. Supposedly you can do it forever hence an infinite windmill. Though you get quite dizzy.------------------[]Dhuong-Vu Truong==== []Dhunky ====[This message has been edited by phunky (edited 31 March 2002).]

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
naw man i keep it vertically all the way.Yeah i get you on that infinate windmill one.. might have to work on that..Maybe not after a smoke though wink wink.. cheers matePKhttps://uk.geocities.com/poi_in_the_park_sheffield

phunkyold hand
877 posts

Posted:
Did i get it right or was i way off on what you're doing?------------------[]Dhuong-Vu Truong==== []Dhunky ====

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
windmill vertically not leaning at allafter 2 beats infrontdrop behind the headturn 360 as they are rotating but as they turn they kinda wrap and release as if they are doing extra beats.. kato was a lil stoned and couldnt count! when i was doing it. the turn is pretty quick too else there is a hit to the noggin as they come back infrontbring them back infrontI have a major headache right now and cant see what i am doing with it.moocho for the help manPK

glowshowmember
406 posts

Posted:
I think I get it. Are you rotating kind of like how you would turn 180 from a windmill into a reverse windmill, but instead of stopping, you keep rotating and go back into a windmill, all while behind your back? Try doing it all in the front as well. It sounds like how you would turn a weave 180 into a rev. weave and then another 180 without stopping back into a weave. Am I right? If so , it is a pretty cool move. And Phunky, I think it is technically the same thing as an infinite corkscrew, just stood upright. Of course, you have to move your wrists for it because you are spinning in a perpindicular plane. Kind of like the difference between a 3 point split time bfly or a 360 split-time bfly, where you don't technically have to move you wrists as opposed to throwing a split-time bfly behind your head or back. You have to move your wrists to get it to work because you are shifting the plane from horizontal to vertical on a move that is horizontally oriented. Did that make any sense?------------------I feel more like I do now than I did when I got here.~~~Dance as if noone is watching!~~~PLUR(RE) ---J---[This message has been edited by glowshow (edited 31 March 2002).]

FREE TIBET!!! (with the purchase of a 44 oz. drink)What do you want to be when you grow up?I want to be a kid again!I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.~~~J~~~

phunkyold hand
877 posts

Posted:
"And Phunky, I think it is technically the same thing as an infinite corkscrew, just stood upright"Ok, i got it right then :PIt's just that i find arcing your back backwards and look toward the sky makes the move easier.------------------[]Dhuong-Vu Truong==== []Dhunky ====

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
yeah thats the shit glow! right on the noggin there!¬erm tilted head back looking up kahboom one aerotech club right in the eye! ouch gives that en a miss! PKhttps://uk.geocities.com/poi_in_the_park_sheffield

glowshowmember
406 posts

Posted:
Cool. You Sheffield guys have a tendency to hurt yourselves, don't you? tongueAnd I should really read the posts a little more thoroughly. Sorry Phunky.

FREE TIBET!!! (with the purchase of a 44 oz. drink)What do you want to be when you grow up?I want to be a kid again!I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.~~~J~~~

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Not just Sheffield guys... I think that aerotech products are partially to blame though. I've got a hell of a bruise on my elbow from one of those staffs. And I can't for the life of me figure out how I got it.

Meh