modo13member
3 posts

Posted:
i was wondering if any one could help me i would like to know how to do an atomic simble. ive heard it can be done but ive never seen it.

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
Erm, I think this is what you mean...Do a normal butterfly and then lift it so your arms are about 45 degrees, maybe higher, but not vertical. Speed the spins up a bit and you get a kind of Atom shape in the air - two inter-locking 0'sSorry if this is wrong.

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

JaedenGOLD Member
220 posts

Posted:
I've been told that when I go from a norma butterfy to an overhead butterflys my poi take on an atom-like configuration. I guess I need more practise to get them straight wink

The world is not out to get you but if you fight it you will be eaten alive

Kinudin (Soul Fyre)veteran
1,325 posts

Posted:
I think it's where you do a normal butterfly, and while doing that, push your arms out and then back in at a rhythm. (Depends on the speed).

phunkyold hand
877 posts

Posted:
The best way to make an atom over your head is spin the poi making an "x" split-time. Not quite a butterfly, because you're not making it perfect. Then raise your arms up over your head. Spin REALLY REALLY FAST and people will say "WOW, UR GOOD!" smile------------------[]Dhuong-Vu Truong==== []Dhunky ====

The Welcome Mattmember
193 posts

Posted:
Someone started a thread on this a while ago. It was called Atomic Moves or something like that..https://www.homeofpoi.com/ubb/Forum3/HTML/000526.htmlI think this is it.. good luckMATT------------------I dreamt that I ate a 10 pound marshmellow and then when I woke up, my pillow was gone!

I dreamt that I ate a 10 pound marshmellow and then when I woke up, my pillow was gone!

Organized Kaosmember
238 posts

Posted:
Do a butterfly and while keepingyour right hand straight poin your left hand downwad,,,this makes the symbol right in fronto of you rather than over the head.------------------Do You ever Question Your life? Do You ever wonder Why? Do you ever see in Your dreams, All the castles in the Sky??

Every morning I wake up and hit the ground yawning...

modo13member
3 posts

Posted:
thanx for all the advise its help but i dont think you quite get what patern i wont to do i dont wont to circuls like the butter fly.i think it was my bad i should have said an atom not the atomic symble sorry bout that but if you go to the sit youll see what i wont the trails to look like.https://www.realware.com.au/images/top/atom.gif

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
the only way i can see you getting such a patern is to do 360 spins floating between forwards and reverse weaves but altering the angle in which they are flowing droping in a low corkscrew too for that horizontal one, it can be done... just spin around and around and see how it goes...The overhead butterfly one is like a scifi logo... grin but is also good and fun to do.PKhttps://uk.geocities.com/poi_in_the_park_sheffield