modo13member
3 posts

Posted:
i was wondering if any one could help me i would like to know how to do an atomic simble. ive heard it can be done but ive never seen it.

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,688 posts

Posted:
Erm, I think this is what you mean...Do a normal butterfly and then lift it so your arms are about 45 degrees, maybe higher, but not vertical. Speed the spins up a bit and you get a kind of Atom shape in the air - two inter-locking 0'sSorry if this is wrong.

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

JaedenGOLD Member
220 posts

Posted:
I've been told that when I go from a norma butterfy to an overhead butterflys my poi take on an atom-like configuration. I guess I need more practise to get them straight
Non-Https Image Link

The world is not out to get you but if you fight it you will be eaten alive

Kinudin (Soul Fyre)veteran
1,325 posts

Posted:
I think it's where you do a normal butterfly, and while doing that, push your arms out and then back in at a rhythm. (Depends on the speed).

phunkyold hand
877 posts

Posted:
The best way to make an atom over your head is spin the poi making an "x" split-time. Not quite a butterfly, because you're not making it perfect. Then raise your arms up over your head. Spin REALLY REALLY FAST and people will say "WOW, UR GOOD!"
Non-Https Image Link
------------------[]Dhuong-Vu Truong==== []Dhunky ====

The Welcome Mattmember
193 posts

Posted:
Someone started a thread on this a while ago. It was called Atomic Moves or something like that..https://www.homeofpoi.com/ubb/Forum3/HTML/000526.htmlI think this is it.. good luckMATT------------------I dreamt that I ate a 10 pound marshmellow and then when I woke up, my pillow was gone!

I dreamt that I ate a 10 pound marshmellow and then when I woke up, my pillow was gone!

Organized Kaosmember
238 posts

Posted:
Do a butterfly and while keepingyour right hand straight poin your left hand downwad,,,this makes the symbol right in fronto of you rather than over the head.------------------Do You ever Question Your life? Do You ever wonder Why? Do you ever see in Your dreams, All the castles in the Sky??

Every morning I wake up and hit the ground yawning...

modo13member
3 posts

Posted:
thanx for all the advise its help but i dont think you quite get what patern i wont to do i dont wont to circuls like the butter fly.i think it was my bad i should have said an atom not the atomic symble sorry bout that but if you go to the sit youll see what i wont the trails to look like.https://www.realware.com.au/images/top/atom.gif

vain-ego pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
the only way i can see you getting such a patern is to do 360 spins floating between forwards and reverse weaves but altering the angle in which they are flowing droping in a low corkscrew too for that horizontal one, it can be done... just spin around and around and see how it goes...The overhead butterfly one is like a scifi logo...
Non-Https Image Link
but is also good and fun to do.PKhttps://uk.geocities.com/poi_in_the_park_sheffield

HOP Newsletter