DocLiquidmember
97 posts

Posted:
Ok, I'm an experienced wrap artist and use colorchange wraps consistently throughout my routine, so I AM NOT A NEWBIE to this. This may sound like a dumb question, but what exactly is a recoil? Also, I would like to post a "Definitive list" of color changing wraps soon, so if you have any input it would be greatly appreciated.Santana, BTW, Eskimo Joe's is the sh*t!PLURDOC------------------Let us Light up the Night

Let us Light up the Night

phunkyold hand
877 posts

Posted:
I thought recoil is just the last half of a wrap when it bounces and changes direction. Um, don't take my word for it, there's always 10 different names for the same move...------------------[]Dhuong-Vu Truong==== []Dhunky ====

modo13member
3 posts

Posted:
man if you think thatEskimo Joe's is the sh*t!then youll digg this the guys in the band i know them all one of them woks in the video store down the raod from me.there realy nice and there music rocks.

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Modo13....?????? confusedMy version of a recoil is wrap one way to a stall to a snap back into another wrap someplace else. I have no idea what Santanatwo's happens to be.------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...https://www.pyromorph.com

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

Kinudin (Soul Fyre)veteran
1,325 posts

Posted:
Eskimo Joe is cool. He lives in the Igloo next to me. He fishes for fish. All of his money is frozen in big ice cubes. Not like many citi dwellers with money wallpaper."Darnit! We lost another customer to Di-Tech!""Watch your Fraizology!!""Great Honk mister!"...Alrighty. onto the actual subject. Recoil sounds like it would be when the wrap fully wraps and on it's way back in the other dirrection, that would be the recoil.KinudinPSAfter reading the whole thread over again, I have come to the conclusion that Eskimo Joe is a real person...SWEET! I'd love to have that name!

Endangered Sanitymember
164 posts

Posted:
If I am thinking of the right Eskimo Joe, they are an Australian band, based in Western Australia I think. And their music rocks.As for recoils, I always thought of them as wraps where only a small length of the chainn actually wraps on your body part, so it sort of bounces (recoils) off it.

DocLiquidmember
97 posts

Posted:
Well, that's comforting, my definition of recoil seems to match everyone else's, but Eskimo Joe's is actually a bar/restaurant in the Stillwater OK. area. heheh. You guys should check out the Signature Moves thread and post some more ideas. Thanks everyone.PLURDOC------------------Let us Light up the Night

Let us Light up the Night

pozeeBRONZE Member
old hand
887 posts

Posted:
yeah,the recoil is where it wraps and changes directions, it just seemed to sound better and explain the action of the poi a bit better. we were talking once and thought that maybe a wrap should be the one where it wraps around the body part a few times and then you turn or move to the opposite arm to unwrap it...

anyone got a light?

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
yea, me and pozee came up with that deffinition last year. a wrap keeps the same circle (from the audiences perspective)A recoil changes the direction of the circle (from the audiences perspective)you can wrap around an arm then bring the arm across your body (to the opposite side) to unwrap it befor the head hits you, that way the circle keeps going the same way and momentum is conserved, there is no stop in the circleyou can recoil a poi off of you body, this changes the direction of the circle (say forward weave to reverse weave) this is just our way of keeping the moves straight and simplifying our descriptions.sincerely,Daniel

we eat and we drink and we smoke and we try!

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
oh yea, and almost all color changes are wraps, not recoils (at least the ones I use are....)

we eat and we drink and we smoke and we try!