Forums > Beginner Poi Moves > Crosshanded/Crosslegged BTL enter and exits

Login/Join to Participate

phunkyold hand
877 posts

Posted:
Started practicing again and came up with something.Anyways, if you're into btl moves you know that you can enter and exit the poi from infront and behind.The added twist is starting with your arms crossed in the figure 8 position.To start off you should learn how to turn the poi while your hands are crossed.-split-time forward crosshanded position-turn 180 while your hands are still crossed-should come out reverse cross-handed-sounds easy but it take practice to get it fluid either which way.Crosshanded btl-do a forward spinning figure 8 but keep your arms in the crossed armed position in split-time-take either hand while crossed-handed and bring them between your legs and spin 180 (either way).-if done correctly you should end up cross-handed in reverse.---------------------------------------------A little trickier is from the reverse figure 8 position-because it's in reverse your going to have to enter the legs through the back.-so with your arms crossed going in reverse. Stick out either your left or right leg, it doesnt matter, as far left or as far right as it can go on the poi's up swing-as one of the poi are going through your legs turn 180 and you should come out cross-handed in forward spinning.---------------------------------------------Cross-handed and cross-legged btlAfter learning those concepts you can add another twist to it and going between the legs cross-handed and cross-legged. Read on if that doesn't make any sense to you smile-In Forward split-time cross-handed position with your left hand on top-On the up swing bring your left leg behind right leg and stretch as for right as you can.-You'll notice it makes a hole for one of your poi to go through.-guide your left hand poi (remember your on cross handed position so your left hand is on your right side)through the hole in your legs and turn left.-if done correctly you'll be in cross-handed reverse position.*note it doesn't matter what hand is on top and what side you turn to, just for easier explanation---------------------------------------------As usual the reverse on is a tad trickier to do-Start from reverse split-time crosshanded position with your left hand on top-on the up swing bring your right leg infront of the left leg, and stretch it as for left as posible.-That should make a hole for your right hand poi (remember, crosshanded) to go through that hole you just made.-Turn 180 left with your hands crosshanded, should come out forward crosshanded.---------------------------------------------Butterfly crosshanded crosslegged btlSo i'm not going to get too indepth here, it's pretty much the same as the above just that one hand is going the opposite direction so its a tad trickier. I'll explain one move that i'm kind of proud of.This is move that i posted before...-start with your left hand forward spinning, and your right hand reverse spinning.-Throw the left hand poi through your legs infront and throw your right hand poi through your legs from behind. Make sure you keep your left hand poi near your left leg and your right hand poi near your right leg as much as possible to make the move clean.-As the poi go through your legs and are a quarter done its rotation turn left (or right) 180viola, looks like your turning a butterfly between your legs with your hand infront and behind you.---------------------------------------------Ok, so that's an old move, applying the crosshanded stuff to this move to make a new and improved one smile-From a forward butterfly, bring your left hand over to the right side-so the bottom hand (righthand) is spinning reverse and the top hand is spinning forward (lefthand)-when entering the legs, right hand should enter from behind while your left hand should enter in front. -keep them as close to there respective sides as possible because you dont want them to tangle up-turn 180 either way-pray to god that they don't touch and they should come out with each hand crosshanded and in the opposite direction they started out with---------------------------------------------Anyways, those are just a couple of things. Remember that what i just said is just an example and not the rule. You can do it split-time or single time (in single time you can bring them both in at the same time BTL crosshanded). Instead of bringing the leg behind crosslegged, you can bring it infront etc etc. The only limitation is your imagination, and i've noticed a lot of people using video's as their only guide (not pointing fingers nightshade :P). Ahh, i forgot how fun spinning can be smileCharles you bum, this was what i was working on when i hit my nuts :P------------------[]Dhuong-Vu Truong==== []Dhunky ====

TomSILVER Member
135 posts

Posted:
You's mad!If only a could stop doing leg wraps and actually bend and put my hands through further I might get somewhere.. oh well.. there's always tomorrow..Tom

phunkyold hand
877 posts

Posted:
Next weeks lesson: Leg wraps to the next level smile------------------[]Dhuong-Vu Truong==== []Dhunky ====

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
looks at noosegrabs noosehangs now before Phunky looses his marbles smile)nice moves man!PKhttps://uk.geocities.com/poi_in_the_park_sheffield

NightShade1member
368 posts

Posted:
Dont get if you know all those mad moves why you dont win the HOP vid tourny ;P

Dance like if noone were watching you

phunkyold hand
877 posts

Posted:
Gawd, i can't believe im still getting grilled for that. The reason at that time was because i had a choice of sending in my vid (shipping and handling costs $35 dollars) or going to this massive party in my city ($35 dollars for the ticket) well we know what i picked :PPlus, can't say i'm out to prove anything anymore. Its more about the sharing of ideas and not if i can or cannot do something.------------------[]Dhuong-Vu Truong==== []Dhunky ====

phunkyold hand
877 posts

Posted:
Oh ya, something i just realized. All the moves listed above can be started behind the back also, just reverse which leg goes over and etc (holding your hands crossed btb split-time is friggin tough!).