SaggyD2034member
10 posts

Posted:
I started out using glowsticks, but i switched to poi and i use two fingers when i hold poi, and i don't know how to hold my glowsticks now, because if i use my thumb agains my for finger on the string, i don't have enough movement in my wrists to get it behind my back, and if i use my two fingers like normal, they just fly off, and if they don't it's really wobbly when i do btb weave, everything else is fine. and one more thing, i just want peoples oppinions of what 2 glowstick colors look the best when they're really flyin'

xtremravr...was here..member
337 posts

Posted:
...uh i like the blue and yellow combo, that or a blue and white....p.l.u.r.r.Xtrem

Peace Luv Uni-t Respect Responsa-what?!?! Xtrem

Paddyback from the dead...sort of
884 posts

Posted:
I'm privvy to the red-orange and blue combo myself.As for the grips, I've always used homemade finger grips, but when I wrap around my hand to choke up, I use my thumb and forefinger. Can't say I've ever noticed a great change going from one to the other, but then I can't do the btb weave. wink

glowshowmember
406 posts

Posted:
Blue and Green. They are closest to the center of the visible light spectrum, and show up better. Plus, they blend well. Or blue and yellow, but green is a more interesting color, IMHO. I use a single loop, double finger style, and I don't like to use anything else. They are just the most convenient. You can easily get them on and off for one handed moves, and they are very secure. And they don't rub blisters like laces.------------------I feel more like I do now than I did when I got here.~~~Dance as if noone is watching!~~~PLUR(RE) ---J---

FREE TIBET!!! (with the purchase of a 44 oz. drink)What do you want to be when you grow up?I want to be a kid again!I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.~~~J~~~

phunkyold hand
877 posts

Posted:
Blue and green are my favorites. Blue and red are a close second.------------------[]Dhuong-Vu Truong== []Dro Spinner ====== []Dhunky ===

NightRunnermember
20 posts

Posted:
Green, blue, orange and yellow get a bit old after a while. I lean towards purple and aqua-green right now. A good industrial strength white works well with almost anything, although novelty whites burn out in like an hour. Personally, I think there is much to be said for the high-intensity red, white, and yellow, and the ultra-high intensity oranges (Close as you'll ever get to fire in any public venue in Colorado frown )manufactured by q-light (https://www.qlight.com). As for grips, I actually prefer swinging with handles, whether glowsticks or these comfy wooden ones I made for my strings and chains. With my strings, though, I tie a small double finger loop about an inch above the handles so I can drop the handles and use the loops if I need the added flexibility. Can't say if this helps with btb weaving, as I can't do them. If you're getting tripped up on holding your sticks in any other moves, try this grip: Hold the base of your sticks between your thumb, ring finger, and pinky. Keep your index and middle finger extended over the stick, and you have a good grip for a forward position. Dn't know if it would work at all BTB, though... smile

pozeeBRONZE Member
old hand
887 posts

Posted:
i have to agree, at least for me. i use glowsticks as handles all the time and it helped me for the BTB, i can put my pointer finger stretched out up the stick and kind of point where i want the glowsticks to go. so since i was sooo comfortable with that, i put some wooden handles on my fire poi as well. besides if you have glowsticks for handles you can switch the colors in the middle of any spin and freak people out...

anyone got a light?

Organized Kaosmember
238 posts

Posted:
For the colours, either blue and green or blue and red. I only spin using glowsticks as handles i hate doing it wrappda round my fringers, just hold them in your fist with one thumb on top of each glowstikk------------------Do You ever Question Your life? Do You ever wonder Why? Do you ever see in Your dreams, All the castles in the Sky??

Every morning I wake up and hit the ground yawning...

Jelloambiguous
646 posts

Posted:
hmmm, handles you say? That sounds like a rather good idea, specially since wrapping the strings around my fingers leads to cuts and blood and such after extended use. Although I am developing a nice calus on my pointer.------------------Ambiguous

Jelloambiguous
646 posts

Posted:
Ok, help, with chains and the normal handles, normal as in those sold on this site, what do you do to make it so your fingers do not get cut or rubbed? I know it's probably impossible to avoid cuts at all costs, but what helps? I prefer the 3 fingers through the middle finger type grip, the others seem too loose.------------------Ambiguous

redragonxmember
73 posts

Posted:
the best colors are orange on the end with blue in the middle. or if you can get those glo necklaces, thread one through your chains (if you use dog chains). ------------------Just a Thought... Ignore it if you wish...

~A Soft Rubber Bodybuilding Smurf~

CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
yes pozee... that switch colour thing on COL 2 was GREAT !!! smile

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

Jelloambiguous
646 posts

Posted:
Ahem, grips, anybody? anybody?

breakerBRONZE Member
36 posts

Posted:
as for the grips....... why don't you use the chains or chords or whatever you use for your fire. just take off the wik and attach glowsticks.

"our love withers here and dies
the story had to end in blood"

"You will not feel pain near the end, my dear
Your memory shall remain with me
As I weep upon your grave
My love...

My love..."

Jelloambiguous
646 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by casper:
as for the grips....... why don't you use the chains or chords or whatever you use for your fire. just take off the wik and attach glowsticks.
Thanks for responding:) Yeah, I do that, I actually don't own any wicks right now so all I've ever had on my chains have been glow sticks. It's the little handles that are kind of an issue, but they're not too bad. I put some nice athletic tape in some key areas where they sewed and attached them to the chains, which cause cuts and such before. It works alright, I just wish I could find a nice soft fabric to make new handles out of them, but it'd be hard to tear off the old ones which are on there for good. but anyways, it seems fine now:)

breakerBRONZE Member
36 posts

Posted:
hey ambi, what r the handles made from?

"our love withers here and dies
the story had to end in blood"

"You will not feel pain near the end, my dear
Your memory shall remain with me
As I weep upon your grave
My love...

My love..."

Spacemember
63 posts

Posted:
Pozee, how do you switch colours? I use glowstick handles as well (but I hold them pinky/pointer on top, the rest underneath).

We risk sanity for moments of temporary enlightenment, each thought overcome by anticipation of the next, we take the breaks off

Shouden-CrDSILVER Member
Veteran Member
495 posts

Posted:
Space..

Try just wrapping around your arm..at the moment it wraps, let go of the glowstick. Catch the other end of it in your hand as it swings around your arm. Walla! Colorchanging Wrap.

-=ÇrazyRaverÐude=-

Spacemember
63 posts

Posted:
Thanx guys! ...Still cant get it looking smooth though. ARG.... Sigh, I guess i'll just have to work at it. Work???

We risk sanity for moments of temporary enlightenment, each thought overcome by anticipation of the next, we take the breaks off