KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
ok basically what i;m doing is a butterfly on the side and then i bring it up over my head and back down to the other side. sometimes it goes really really smoothly but a lot of the time when i try to take it overhead i manage to slam the chain into some part or other of my fingers that didn't want to meet the chain... i guess i'm wondering what i should be trying to do to keep it going smoothly overhead cause i really don't knwo what i'm doing differently when it goes smooth over with no collisions....

Keep your dream alive
Dreamin is still how the strong survive

Shalom VeAhavah

New Hampshire has a point....

AdeSILVER Member
Are we there yet?
1,897 posts

Posted:
Are you talking about a forward butterfly, bring it up overhead, turning around into a reverse butterfly? If you are, I agree, sometimes I can get it smoothly, sometimes I crack myself on the top of the head. From playing with it for a while, I think it's got to do with a flick of the wrist to make it stay smooth.If you're not talking about that, just ignore everything I've said smile[This message has been edited by Ade (edited 21 March 2002).]

phunkyold hand
877 posts

Posted:
"flick of the wrist"Thats my explanation to everything lol. The funny part is that its true. ------------------[]Dhuong-Vu Truong== []Dro Spinner ====== []Dhunky ===

AdeSILVER Member
Are we there yet?
1,897 posts

Posted:
Just like the art of fiddling - you can fix anything if you fiddle with it long enough - (or totally root it) wink

Whiffle Squeekaddict
416 posts

Posted:
ummm, overhead butterfly, if youre just bringing it back and forth over your head, all you really have to do is move your hands back and forth, it sounds silly, but its really all it takes, keep em together and move em back and forth, almost silly if you just dothe motion...

Educate your self in the Hazards of Fire Breathing STAY SAFE!

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
lol oh well i guess i'll just have to keep whacking up my hands. after the number of times and ways i've injured myself today poi chains no longer seem like such a big deal

Keep your dream alive
Dreamin is still how the strong survive

Shalom VeAhavah

New Hampshire has a point....