Forums > Beginner Poi Moves > How much of a difference does being tight-wristed make?

Login/Join to Participate

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
The message is pretty much teh subject. I just find I can't keep my wrists taht close or the balss collide....and advice on this?

Keep your dream alive
Dreamin is still how the strong survive

Shalom VeAhavah

New Hampshire has a point....

Whiffle Squeekaddict
416 posts

Posted:
once you get the moves down you can worry about keeping your hands close, getting the basic motions comes before smoothing em out...

Educate your self in the Hazards of Fire Breathing STAY SAFE!

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
I'm sure there's a crude joke lurking in that thread title someplace. Can't think of one myself.Never mind someone'll be along in a minute to lower the tone I'm sure....

Meh

Organized Kaosmember
238 posts

Posted:
my balls also collide when my wrists get too close... wink grin tongue------------------Do You ever Question Your life? Do You ever wonder Why? Do you ever see in Your dreams, All the castles in the Sky??

Every morning I wake up and hit the ground yawning...

xtremravr...was here..member
337 posts

Posted:
it actually makes alot of difference, see if you wrist is to tight then you cant actually get the exact motion down to get the desired result, i reccomend doing some wrist stretching before attempting you next...wait this is a poi sight...oooppss...*turns all red*p.l.u.r.r.Xtrembwahahahaha

Peace Luv Uni-t Respect Responsa-what?!?! Xtrem

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
*Drags the thread off the gutter*As Whiffle says, it comes with practice. Any particular moves? If it's the butterfly type moves then you've gotta get your hands in the right position, one top sltighly forward. If it's the weave type move then maybe you need to be more split time with each hand.

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
ah if only i could actually do a weave....it's my butterflies, interestingly i can sometimes get my wrists tighter when i am behind my back, or when i am doing alternate timing, but never when teh timing is the same.... eh... i don't really knwo what to do about it except keep practicing...which don't look like it'll be today based on teh snow and the fact that my house does not have any area big enough in it to practice...

Keep your dream alive
Dreamin is still how the strong survive

Shalom VeAhavah

New Hampshire has a point....

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
Practice inside with really short strings.Is your right hand on top of your left hand and slightly forward? In the 'same time' butterfly the poi are actually very slightly out of time.