Forums > Beginner Poi Moves > HAS ANYONE SEEN THIS MOVE BEFORE?

Login/Join to Participate

karate kidmember
24 posts

Posted:
i have a new move. i started out doing the butterfly while lying on my back. that was a year ago. people here like that. of course in phoenix, arizona, there aren't to many good stringers. well, then i began doing your basic arm wraps while still on my back. they loved that. THEN i started to do leg wraps. this s where it starts to get crazy. i excite the growing crowd by wrapping my legs in as many ways possible. i wrap them either individually, or together, clockwise or counterclockwise, clockwise AND counterclockwise simultaneously. i just wrap in any way possible. basically what you're seeing is one constant big circle with little circles popping here and there unpredictably. my crowd is amazed. but that's not the end. HERE IS MY NEW MOVE: i began to spin on my back while doing all these leg wraps. it's totally psychotic. two fridays ago i was doing my usual leg wraps. while my right leg was being wrapped, i realized my left leg was free, so i started to use it turn my body. it started slow, but i picked up speed and the crowd went absolutely crazy! well, the floor had a lot of friction with my shirt. i could feel my shirt twisting around. so the following week i brought a piece of cardboard to lay on. it works great! if anyone wants to try this, don't have the length of your strings too long. it makes it harder to manuever, at least for me. everyone spin their own way. anyways check this out:https://www.livingart.com/raving/1f2frfbf/1f2frfbf02.htmhttps://www.livingart.com/raving/1f2frfbf/1f2frfbf/03.htmenjoy!

karate kidmember
24 posts

Posted:
oops! i messed up that second address. here it is:https://www.livingart.com/raving/1f2frfbf/1f2frfbf03.htm

jonathanenthusiast
210 posts

Posted:
that looks quite cool!maybe you could try flicking them round under your body?ive got a chain whip at home that i do that with, that would be real cool smile

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
Hey how cool! how many sections in your whip? how long is the whip? whips kill it!

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

karate kidmember
24 posts

Posted:
huh? whips? do you mean my strings? i use an oval shaped shoe string. i usually buy strings that are at least 54 inches long. but when i do my back spin while doing leg wraps, i make the strings shorter for easier manuevering. wiat a minute....you must mean chain whips......hmmmmmwhy would i use those? they probably hurt more and are heavy. i need a certain amount of weight. my shoe strings and glowsticks are exactly what i need for the speed and tricks i do. plus i haven't bought my fire shit yet. i use my friend's fire stuff for now.......as for flicking the poi underneath my body, i haven't practiced that one yet....i ought to......