Forums > Beginner Poi Moves > 1 poi shorter than the other....

Login/Join to Participate

Demonthesysmember
11 posts

Posted:
Hey, i dunno if u ppl already new about this but i kinda did it on accident and thought it was cool looking enough to post....in the middle of ur poi routine or whatever try grabbing one of the poi in the middle of the string and start doing a weave with both poi, it makes it look like ur twirling with one circle within the other....thought it looked really cool at the time smilehehe try it with other moves as well.....makes some wierd combinations[This message has been edited by Demonthesys (edited 26 February 2002).][This message has been edited by Demonthesys (edited 26 February 2002).]

In order to create apple pie, you must first create the universe.

phunkyold hand
877 posts

Posted:
I do that sometimes too, it's always good to add some variation to your spinning.------------------[]Dhuong-Vu Truong==== []Dhunky ====

CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
Try that with a butterfly, it really looks nice smileshine oncass

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

shizN0Tmember
184 posts

Posted:
I was playing with this the other day. Its neat to watch the timing change on them.

I smell something burning.

pozeeBRONZE Member
old hand
887 posts

Posted:
try one meteor and one poi with wraps, that is always fun and challenging...

anyone got a light?

Knagimember
397 posts

Posted:
If only you knew... rolleyes------------------We are all in the cosmic movie. That means the day you die you watch your whole life repeating for eternity. So you'd better have some good things happen in there and have a fitting climax. --Jim MorrisonMost Memerable crowd saying "Hey look that dude's gonna set himself on fire again!"

We are all in the cosmic movie. That means the day you die you watch your whole life repeating for eternity. So you'd better have some good things happen in there and have a fitting climax. --Jim MorrisonIt's going to come from a direction you didn't predict at a moment of chaos which you didn't see coming. -- NYC

pozeeBRONZE Member
old hand
887 posts

Posted:
knew what???

anyone got a light?

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
Ah - that's the point."It's times like this I wish I'd listend to my mother!""Why? - What did she say?""I don't know, I wasn't listening...."

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

Whiffle Squeekaddict
416 posts

Posted:
mmm, the shortening of one string during butterfly does look very nice...its really easy to do this during a one handed butterfly, just reach over with your other hand and grab the one of the handles in your butterfly hand, and then just pull, so the poi in question slides through your fingers and thus gets shorter...very nice indeed...

Educate your self in the Hazards of Fire Breathing STAY SAFE!

4,224 posts

Posted:
Whiffle squeek, I'd have to disagree with you about butterfly not looking good. perhaps in the daytime it would look odd, but I personnaly think that at night it is truely beautiful IMO since you are facing two circles : a large one and a smaller one inside of it...shine onCassandra

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
eh? Whiffle Squeak said it was nice too...

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

4,224 posts

Posted:
LOLI am so so so sorry ... I was completely dead tired and crazy jetlaged when I read the thread...Got over the jetlag and now I feel just ... ridiculous winkSorry WS, I totally agree..shine onCassandra

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
(Crackhead)

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

Whiffle Squeekaddict
416 posts

Posted:
hehe, no offense taken, i was just a tad confused when i read it...perfectly understandable actually, jetlag will always get the better of you...

Educate your self in the Hazards of Fire Breathing STAY SAFE!