jugglesmember
11 posts

Posted:
This is a combonation of four tricks thrown together to make a circle. You do one rotation of each move and go on to the next one.First you do a corkscrew on your right with the poi spinning clockwise. Then you do a three point weave with your arms a little higher than usual. Then you do a corkscrew on your left with the poi spinning counterclockwise. Finally you do a reversed three point weave a little lower than usual.Keep repeating this sequence and move your arms in a circle. This is the most technical move I know and it will probably take a while to figure out. --Juggles

Happy spinning everone!

shizN0Tmember
184 posts

Posted:
sounds a bit like a fountain, no? do a search for fountain or full fountain.point.

I smell something burning.

The Welcome Mattmember
193 posts

Posted:
Sounds fun.. a bit like a fountain. Do you do a corkscrew in a fountain? I thought it was just front weave to reverse weave to windmill back to forward weave...Matt------------------I dreamt that I ate a 10 pound marshmellow and then when I woke up, my pillow was gone!

I dreamt that I ate a 10 pound marshmellow and then when I woke up, my pillow was gone!

shizN0Tmember
184 posts

Posted:
well, isnt a windmill a verticle corkscrew?

phunkyold hand
877 posts

Posted:
shhh, let's never speak of this "fountain" again! smile------------------[]Dhuong-Vu Truong==== []Dhunky ====

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Sprinkler....weave=> corkscrew=> rev. weave(then back again)Fountain....weave=> windmill=> rev.weave(Then back again, and btw. yes, a windmill is essentially a vertical corkscrew)Circle....corkscrew=> weave=> rev. corkscrew(then go back again)The circle he is proposing has the order in reverse. Instead of beginning at the side with a weave, you begin at the side with a corkscrew and do the weave in front of you then the corkscrew, then back again, changing levels. Like doing a fountain inside out! smile------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...https://www.pyromorph.com

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

The Welcome Mattmember
193 posts

Posted:
This is true.. I didn't think of a windmill as a vertical corkscrew.. but now that makes sense...*Bows to the shiznot smileMatt------------------I dreamt that I ate a 10 pound marshmellow and then when I woke up, my pillow was gone!

I dreamt that I ate a 10 pound marshmellow and then when I woke up, my pillow was gone!

phunkyold hand
877 posts

Posted:
Alot of moves are just figure 8's in different placements around your body.Figure 8 - 2-beat weaveFigure 8 above head - windmillHorizontal figure 8 - corkscrewFigure 8 btl - btl windmillSo in actuallity were all just newbies doing figure 8's! smile------------------[]Dhuong-Vu Truong==== []Dhunky ====

shizN0Tmember
184 posts

Posted:
no bows please, Im just a squirel trying to get a nut

StoneGOLD Member
Stream Entrant
2,829 posts

Posted:
Hi Phunky, for your own protection I suggest that you don't read my bit on fountains in the "I just learnt a new moves post" wink

If we as members of the human race practice meditation, we can transcend our fear, despair, and forgetfulness. Meditation is not an escape. It is the courage to look at reality with mindfulness and concentration. Thich Nhat Hanh

Kinudin (Soul Fyre)veteran
1,325 posts

Posted:
I like nuts. (No, not in the sick and nasty perverted sicko nutty way...) grin grin wink winkKinudin

jugglesmember
11 posts

Posted:
Circle: Corkscrew, weave, rev. corkscrew, rev. weave, then back.The difficult part about this trick is that every time you switch tricks, you have to "bend" the momentum of the poi. Whereas with the foutain, the poi is constantly spinning on the same plane.------------------Happy spinning everone!

Happy spinning everone!