robingreenshoesmember
32 posts

Posted:
Sorry if this is really simpple but i just can't figure it out. I can do the corkscrew and I can come out of the corkscrew into a backwards split swing but I can't figure out how to get into the corkscrew. Please help.RobP.S. If anyone has a slow video or Animated GIF so I could actually see, that would be really helpfull. Cheers.

Kinudin (Soul Fyre)veteran
1,325 posts

Posted:
By an animated gif do you mean:https://www.homeofpoi.com/new6.htm ?

robingreenshoesmember
32 posts

Posted:
Yes, but I know how to DO the corkscrew I just need to know how to get into it from other moves. confused

TomSILVER Member
135 posts

Posted:
No video.. but you can get into corkscrew/windmill from the weave when the poi begin to cross from either side.When i do it.. doing weave.. poi just about to go from right side across my body.. leading with the right hand.. instead of the hand and poi going over to the left swing it up as though you are doing windmill (with you hand starting at the bottom infront of you).. the left hand follows doing exactly the same thing as the right did but half a beat behind the right.. you should now be doing windmill. smileThis will work, assuming that you can do windmill with your right hand leading. If you usually lead with your left hand, then you have to make the right hand poi do an extra circle in front of you to allow the left hand to go into the windmill first.Hope that helps,Tom

Neekomember
68 posts

Posted:
I tend to go into the corkscrew from the 'chasing the sun' a lot. You basically just need to start bringing them more horizontal and start swinging them split-time. You can even go into the CTS to get back out of it. This is just one of many ways to do it, but it is the only one I can really describe.[This message has been edited by Neeko (edited 19 February 2002).]

Whiffle Squeekaddict
416 posts

Posted:
do a forward weave...raise hands above head...turn 90 degrees to either side..taa daa!!! we are now in a windmill!!!bend over at waist...taa daa!!! we are now in a corkscrew!!!

Educate your self in the Hazards of Fire Breathing STAY SAFE!

robingreenshoesmember
32 posts

Posted:
Cheers People, I can get to corkscrew from weave now. I'm not as gracefull an angel quite yet but with a little (prehapse a lot of) practice I'll be there.Thank's again.Rob smile