Marlboromember
180 posts

Posted:
After seeing the COL vids there was only one guy (apologies for forgetting ya name) doing some throws. After a poi session last night I dreamt up loads of poss throws which should flow really well. Just wondering how many peeps actually use these? How about putting together a listing of throws?N:-)~

We were somewhere around Barstow on the edge of the desert when the drugs began to take hold.

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
There's been some discussion on this. Try doing a search in the Poi Moves section for throw, release or anything similar.I've got some poi made from rope, tied into a Monkey knot at each end to serve as a weight or handle, making it possible to throw and catch each either end.Also throws are very nice with flags, as they move a bit slower.

CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
All right all right Marlboro... i won't get offended that you did not notice that HIDEOUS throw I put in the COL2 because ... well... it really is bad (but I am working on improving it smile )...The otehr guy is Bassman from Austin. he is a juggler and dam good at it .He no longer posts here but if you write him an email I am sure he'll answer smiledom's right, do a search and you'll find some real treasure. And also... flags are awesome (thank you for letting me try yours by the way, Dom smile)And Marlboro... quit smoking for ... Chri... for scoobi doo sake winkShine onCassandra

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
Cassandra - have you made your own set yet?I've a spare set of flags (had some left over material), a lot smaller than mine (which are perfect if you're 2 metres tall!). Maybe I'll post them over smile

Bendymember
750 posts

Posted:
Yeah bassman's throws are pretty freakin cool! It looks like the handles are floating through the air.I like working with throws but can only do one at a time and the other does nothing really. Also try looking for aerial poi too - kind of a throw)

Courage is the man who can stop after only one peanut

CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
::looks at Dom with a shy but excited look::well... I certainly would *love* that cause I of course have not done anything with my not very talented little hands lately... smileshine onCassandra

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Hey Marb....Yup I do...but a girl's gotta have some secrets wink(actually I am shite at describing moves, so I try not to add confusion to the mix)------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...https://www.pyromorph.com

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

Marlboromember
180 posts

Posted:
Okay, I'm on a mission now to get some bad ass throws down! grinCass - Soz, didn't notice ya throw, I'll have to rewatch the vid when I get it back. (I'm working on the smokes thing! :-)~ )Dom - you've got me intrigued in flags now, so many toys so little time!Pele - I'll send you an email to compare notes when I've mastered some smileRespectM:-)~

We were somewhere around Barstow on the edge of the desert when the drugs began to take hold.

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
I'm really good at throws, especially when using poi.It normally happens when I place the sacred Staffs down reverently, gingerly pick up the b*stard poi, give myself a blood nose and throw the damn things up a tree!Or down a drain...or into traffic...or at the ambulance driver...

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?