Marlboro
Total posts: 180
Posted:After seeing the COL vids there was only one guy (apologies for forgetting ya name) doing some throws. After a poi session last night I dreamt up loads of poss throws which should flow really well. Just wondering how many peeps actually use these? How about putting together a listing of throws?N:-)~

We were somewhere around Barstow on the edge of the desert when the drugs began to take hold.

Delete Topic

Dom
Dom

Carpal \'Tunnel
Total posts: 3009
Posted:There's been some discussion on this. Try doing a search in the Poi Moves section for throw, release or anything similar.I've got some poi made from rope, tied into a Monkey knot at each end to serve as a weight or handle, making it possible to throw and catch each either end.Also throws are very nice with flags, as they move a bit slower.

Delete

Cassandra
Cassandra

Froggie ... Ribbit !!!
Total posts: 4224
Posted:All right all right Marlboro... i won't get offended that you did not notice that HIDEOUS throw I put in the COL2 because ... well... it really is bad (but I am working on improving it
Non-Https Image Link
)...The otehr guy is Bassman from Austin. he is a juggler and dam good at it .He no longer posts here but if you write him an email I am sure he'll answer
Non-Https Image Link
dom's right, do a search and you'll find some real treasure. And also... flags are awesome (thank you for letting me try yours by the way, Dom
Non-Https Image Link
)And Marlboro... quit smoking for ... Chri... for scoobi doo sake
Non-Https Image Link
Shine onCassandra

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

Delete

Dom
Dom

Carpal \'Tunnel
Total posts: 3009
Posted:Cassandra - have you made your own set yet?I've a spare set of flags (had some left over material), a lot smaller than mine (which are perfect if you're 2 metres tall!). Maybe I'll post them over
Non-Https Image Link

Delete

Bendy
Total posts: 750
Posted:Yeah bassman's throws are pretty freakin cool! It looks like the handles are floating through the air.I like working with throws but can only do one at a time and the other does nothing really. Also try looking for aerial poi too - kind of a throw)

Courage is the man who can stop after only one peanut

Delete

Cassandra
Cassandra

Froggie ... Ribbit !!!
Total posts: 4224
Posted:::looks at Dom with a shy but excited look::well... I certainly would *love* that cause I of course have not done anything with my not very talented little hands lately...
Non-Https Image Link
shine onCassandra

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

Delete

Pele
Pele

the henna lady
Total posts: 6193
Posted:Hey Marb....Yup I do...but a girl's gotta have some secrets
Non-Https Image Link
(actually I am shite at describing moves, so I try not to add confusion to the mix)------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...http://www.pyromorph.com

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

Delete

Marlboro
Total posts: 180
Posted:Okay, I'm on a mission now to get some bad ass throws down!
Non-Https Image Link
Cass - Soz, didn't notice ya throw, I'll have to rewatch the vid when I get it back. (I'm working on the smokes thing! :-)~ )Dom - you've got me intrigued in flags now, so many toys so little time!Pele - I'll send you an email to compare notes when I've mastered some
Non-Https Image Link
RespectM:-)~

We were somewhere around Barstow on the edge of the desert when the drugs began to take hold.

Delete

Charles
Charles

Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
Total posts: 3989
Posted:I'm really good at throws, especially when using poi.It normally happens when I place the sacred Staffs down reverently, gingerly pick up the b*stard poi, give myself a blood nose and throw the damn things up a tree!Or down a drain...or into traffic...or at the ambulance driver...

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Delete