tallicaburtonmember
51 posts

Posted:
I don't want to be so bold as to suggest something, because, well, hell. This site is the best resource on the Web for poi, and when compared with other resources of this nature it is *far* superior. That is why I named it a wish list. I know you are working all the time Malcom, and have a real life too, but I thought "what the hell, he might as well know what me, and perhaps a few others are thinking". I remember from somewhere that you were working/planning on adding new lessons to the poi lesson page. I was thinking wraps would be a great thing to include. As of yet I have a firm grounding in spinning, enough to let my imagination go, but I still am confused with wrapping. Having movies of someone doing a move->wrap->move could help my comprehension a lot. I'm sure many people would love to be featured spinning on the lessons page, so maybe you could just ask volunteers to start sending you movies.... Much more complicated then I make it out to be, you still have to sort through them, and many of them could be in bad light, shakey, or the moves just done poorly. But I just *humbly* wanted to state my dream. I should go out and spin with other people ANYWAYS, so if you, very rightly so, have to decline my sugestion it only goes to show that real interaction is a way in which a person can learn in leaps and bounds.Thanks again, I cannot express how gratefull I am for your site, high-five Malcom, your service to the juggling/poi community is immeasurable. thx wink -john

phunkyold hand
877 posts

Posted:
Personally, i don't think wraps should be in the poi lessons. It's more of a concept if anything. The fact is, wraps are easy to come up with. I think we should just post that comprehensive wrap list permenantly somewhere (somewhere at the bottom of the poi-lessons). It covers a lot of wraps but with some imagination there are tons more to discover.------------------[]Dhuong-Vu Truong==== []Dhunky ====

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
I think a basic list of wraps demonstrating the difference between a wrap recoil and a wrap without recoil would be good. just to give the ppl some ideas.I also think a Basic Between the Legs section would be good too.Josh

phunkyold hand
877 posts

Posted:
Hmm, i don't know about the basic under the legs moves either. Pretty much any move can go under the legs. There are 2 types of between the leg moves. When both feet are planted and when there is only one foot planted. Between the legs moves are more of a concept too... maybe some should write a little thing on entering and exiting through the legs and how that works (I'll do it! smile).------------------[]Dhuong-Vu Truong==== []Dhunky ====

tallicaburtonmember
51 posts

Posted:
Thanks Malcom, I just recently learned how busy you are, so I'll try to actually be inovative and learn things by myself for a while *gasp*! wink Thanks! -john

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
wif what I said, I was talking about a couple of vids showing the two different kinds of wrap (stop and reverse) and (wrap move limb unwrap going the same way). Demo on arm and leg would be good.BTL was more about making the distinction you described too Phunky. I'm not about actually showing tricks, just concepts..most ppl struggle with the concept, but once they get it the creativity takes off!Josh

BongoCIHmember
16 posts

Posted:
I reckon some behind the back moves, and some moves to aspire to such as the behind the back weave, and other technical type things.....You could go on forever with a moves list, so hey, why not? smile

NightShade1member
368 posts

Posted:
Phunky you would do the between the legs videos??? for poi move section?? if you do solet me know when you do it i wanna be the firts one on looking it... i dont find out how you can do between the legs move without having reall short strings frowni need to see a video or someone doing it help phunky! tongueAlso would be good NEW move that ppl doesnt know! for example i didnt know those between the legs move so iwanna see i will like to see new stuff to try =)[This message has been edited by NightShade1 (edited 11 February 2002).]

Dance like if noone were watching you

NightShade1member
368 posts

Posted:
Not to rush it.. but WHEN WHEN WHEN WHEN!!!?!?!? you have been saying it for a big while new lessons and i dotn see new move on poi moves !!! come on!! PPL wanna learn new moves!! like me smile MALCOM! frown

NightShade1member
368 posts

Posted:
Okay man undertand... you never said that you couldnt pay it thats why i though you could put it here...but AT Least someone else with a camara could dunno do some new moves and post them somewhere ! explaining doesnt help really!! well at least for me... a good video that does help! If i had a camara i would show some tricks.... but i dotn have one and i cant affort for one but there are some ppl here that got a camara and dont wanna help frown

Whiffle Squeekaddict
416 posts

Posted:
i think Josh just wants to look at pictures of people bending over with their hands stuck between their legs...

Educate your self in the Hazards of Fire Breathing STAY SAFE!

NightShade1member
368 posts

Posted:
hahah...