Forums > Social Chat > Chat - live, anyone? anyone? at all? ?

Login/Join to Participate

preambledmember
53 posts

Posted:
Hello everybody,I don't know how you all feel about chat - discussion boards are cool, but I much prefer to _chat_ in real time.Unfortunately I'm not much of a fan of chatting through a web browser, so the live chat available on the site doesn't work for me smile ( plus no one ever uses it frown )I prefer using IRC, and it's quite probable most of you have never even heard of it. Anyway, I've started up a channel on an UNDERNET server called #poi.Anyone is welcome to come along and talk about anything poi related, or even not poi related, whatever smileFor those of you who are interested but have no idea what i'm talking about - download mIRC from https://www.mirc.co.ukIt's
a chat client that will connect you to chat servers to talk with people in real time.When you've downloaded it run it and join any UNDERNET server you can get on, and then type /join #poiI'll try and stay online there whenever I can, but I can't guarantee I'll be there all the time, and if this idea flops, well, I might have to give up on the idea of chatting in real time with you folk altogether :~(Ok, enough outta me,seeya soon.. hopefully winkRobert.p.s. feel free to email me and ask me any questions about this.. berticus@yifan.net

Blackbirdmember
337 posts

Posted:
Yeah I use IRC... I got on there, nil peeps, 'cept someone called "b--" who was away. Was this you, rb?Anyway, I'll be there frequently, prolly every day, at least for a while wink i'll give it a week to see if anyone turns up, k?------------------"O! for a muse of fire, that would ascend the brightest heaven of invention." - William ShakespeareCheck out my Online Gallery!B l A c K i E

x X x ß £ Å Ĉ К ß î я Ð x X x

darkhorse445member
29 posts

Posted:
whty does no one go on the chat its really annoying!?!?!

"O villain, villain, smiling, damned villain!"
shakespeare

Hanzveteran
1,328 posts

Posted:
the home of poi chat room is actually available through irchttps://www.homeofpoi.com/articles/chatroom.php

darkhorse445member
29 posts

Posted:
yeah but do you go on it
cos when i go to it no ones there !

"O villain, villain, smiling, damned villain!"
shakespeare

alien_oddityCarpal \'Tunnel
7,193 posts

Posted:
it's all about the msn messenger, chatrooms are full of freaks and spammers.....................good fun to troll thoughubblol

Fine_Rabid_DogInternet Hate Machine
10,530 posts

Posted:
 Written by: ravehead

good fun to troll thoughubblol

umm

Ummm... how is trolling fun?

"ur a fag!"

Haha. Yay. What a good yarn.

Lame!

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

alien_oddityCarpal \'Tunnel
7,193 posts

Posted:
er...........it's a bit worse than thatubblol two words...............skat pictures ubblol

and i've only ever done it once but i find it funny to read sometimes is that a crime to find childish things funny or are you just mr maturity wink

simtaBRONZE Member
compfuzzled
1,182 posts

Posted:
i think the way to do it, is say certain times or something and see if ppl are on the forum at tht time and then arrange to go on

"the geeks have got you" - Gayle

Mr MajestikSILVER Member
coming to a country near you
4,696 posts

Posted:
ah yes but to me 1am might be 3pm to you, thats why the boards are better cause they dont disappear if you log off.

one time Rougie and i spent an evening in the HoP board, but nobody else came in frown

"but have you considered there is more to life than your eyelids?"

jointly owned by Fire_Spinning_Angel and Blu_Valley

fNiGOLD Member
master of disaster
3,354 posts

Posted:
how provocative...was there candlelight and violins playing? wink

kyrian: I've felt your finger connect with me many times
lou kitten: sneaky little meatball..
ezz: please corrupt me more

Mr MajestikSILVER Member
coming to a country near you
4,696 posts

Posted:
rly.hnsty. no we were talkin on msn and saying how there was never anyone in there so we went in incase anyone else did so there would be people there. just doing our little bit for the HoP community.

"but have you considered there is more to life than your eyelids?"

jointly owned by Fire_Spinning_Angel and Blu_Valley

simtaBRONZE Member
compfuzzled
1,182 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Mr Majestik

ah yes but to me 1am might be 3pm to you,

then use the adjusted time that is at the bottom of the page when ur on the main index of the forum, surely easiest way?

"the geeks have got you" - Gayle

fickleSILVER Member
41 posts

Posted:
I've been into the HOP chatroom a few times, but never seen anyone else there. And really I need a distraction while I'm at work! wink