Forums > Beginner Poi Moves > umm someone got a new move to show??

Login/Join to Participate

NightShade1member
368 posts

Posted:
Besides the one of the page i will like to see some... i got a new move but i dont have a camara bleh..Any of you with video camaras show new moves that would be GREAT!!! smileand i like learning new moves! smile its soo cool grin[This message has been edited by NightShade1 (edited 19 January 2002).]

Dance like if noone were watching you

phunkyold hand
877 posts

Posted:
Let's trade moves then. You show/tell me how to do a move i don't know and i'll show you how to do a move you haven't seen before.------------------[]Dhuong-Vu Truong==== []Dhunky ====

rexmember
263 posts

Posted:
trading huh...kinda like poi-kemon.. cool.. grin

NightShade1member
368 posts

Posted:
Fucking hell i need a video camara for that im really bad explaining plus my english sucks;Poh well ;O i will see what to do

phunkyold hand
877 posts

Posted:
poi-kemon! lol!GOTTA CATCH THEM ALL!------------------[]Dhuong-Vu Truong==== []Dhunky ====

Endangered Sanitymember
164 posts

Posted:
Weave-amon! I choose you!

NightShade1member
368 posts

Posted:
lmao!!!! hahaha

Mystaddict
439 posts

Posted:
what's this board come to?!?!?

Its about talent, not make up or costumes.

NightShade1member
368 posts

Posted:
well besides the poi kemonyou never felt like damn i alredy can do everything i can think about and you dont have any new move to learn or something like it? i feel like that now... i dunno what other new thing to do... so im asking if someone knows something i dont know to learn it and is if possible a video of that move!! smile got what this topic is about???

NightShade1member
368 posts

Posted:
ok phunky the move im talking about is like light wheel ummm when yer pois are like stucked you know kinda when you mess up they both stuck you know what i mean? you can do like a really fast wheel that you can move all around with some practice and you can pass beside yer neck etc etc etc have you saw it? this move is kinda simple well if you dont move the wheel all around now if you want to move it well you need kinda some practice to do it over and over cause when you firts try hey you think i get it but you no you just get one and the wheel stop to make it looks cool you gotta do it over and over....jeez i dont think you know what im talking about but hey i tried tongue thats why i say video camaras are the best shit to show move tongue not words.....[This message has been edited by NightShade1 (edited 23 January 2002).]

JaedenGOLD Member
220 posts

Posted:
How about a split-time one handed bf? You know, all the regular stuff only one hand. Behind the back, between the legs, over the shoulder, wraps, passing from hand to hand... may not look impressive but it's something to do.Or a btl corkscrew where you bring your feet up horizontal (ever watch figure skating?) and put the poi under you for five beats. Throw a 180 in while in the air (opposite direction of the way you're spinning) and it could look kinda cool.It seems that once you get all the basics, new moves consist of either letting go of your poi or transitions which link moves that don't normally go together.------------------'There is a fist pressing against anyone who thinks something compelling'

The world is not out to get you but if you fight it you will be eaten alive

glowshowmember
406 posts

Posted:
Maybe Phunky can stop talking all that sh!t for long enough to rent a video camera for $15 and record a video of him doing all of these tricks so he can win $500 worth of equipment, and be vilified knowing he is the poi-kemon master.I don't know what you know, Nightshade, but I will be able to show quite a bit on video for the next COL video. I might not be a "master" but I am good.------------------I feel more like I do now then I did when I got here.PLUR(RE) ---J---

FREE TIBET!!! (with the purchase of a 44 oz. drink)What do you want to be when you grow up?I want to be a kid again!I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.~~~J~~~

NightShade1member
368 posts

Posted:
Hey thanks glowshow...i will try to be on the next COL too (if i can get a video camara!)Will try to get one on my university or something:/Jaeden some of the stuff you said i dont know... and Yes i need to see it on a video to see how to do it! cant do it just like reading it....I got the transitions without wraps now i kinda can do a helicopter and go to a windmill or weave! is not a regular transitioin i guess dunno... at least never heard of it or saw itAs far i know all the tricks on this page (thats the basic stuff i guess)and everything jo derry does on his video smile that was cool video! smile i worked on my transitions and fluiy and those kind of stuff now im looking for new move tongue[This message has been edited by NightShade1 (edited 23 January 2002).]

phunkyold hand
877 posts

Posted:
Me talk shit?when?I may talk with an arrogant swagger but thats only because i'm confident of what i can do and thats only because i've put way too much time into my spinning. I don't think i've ever gone around saying im better than anyone or im a "master" of spinning. Your signature glowshow also amuses me too, PLUR!... obviously you forgot the respect part, tsk. I love hypocrites.------------------[]Dhuong-Vu Truong==== []Dhunky ====

jonathanenthusiast
210 posts

Posted:
what about 2 split time butterflies?weaves, chases, hi/lo and a mixture of both turns.........thats what im going to put into that circles of light compphunky, youre right, ive never read you saying you are better than anyone, but you argue hard and stick to youre guns and you do know lots..............but sometimes the things you say just betray how unrefined and immature your grasp on poi is.arguing that you are right all the time in the face of a few irrefutable truths and then saying you dont go round saying youre better than anyone is kind of hypocritical...dont take it to heart though.......one example of your talking shit was when you said you havent seen 4 poi going and then proceeded to tell me all about it!!!!(see that above comment)[This message has been edited by jonathan (edited 24 January 2002).]

glowshowmember
406 posts

Posted:
Show and prove. I should have used the tongue I just like people to walk the walk if they talk the talk. You don't have a problem doing that, do you? Go ahead, AMAZE US! You very might well know everything you say you do. That would be truly amazing, and I would stand in awe. You just talk about it too much, and I think I speak for more than myself when I say that I would like to see all of these moves you expound about. Quit making excuses. I can give you half a dozen ways to get a video camera for free or dirt cheap-legally.Respect must be earned.P.eace L.ove U.nity R.espect (R.espect is E.arned)------------------I feel more like I do now then I did when I got here.PLUR(RE) ---J---

FREE TIBET!!! (with the purchase of a 44 oz. drink)What do you want to be when you grow up?I want to be a kid again!I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.~~~J~~~

NightShade1member
368 posts

Posted:
Ok stop fighting tongue noone is better than noone... the important thing is that we all like what we doing POI! tonguePhunky have you saw the trick im talking you about? tongue

glowshowmember
406 posts

Posted:
Amen. Sorry to disrespect you on your thread. I apologize. Nightshade, I don't know what moves you do and don't know, but i posted a couple of pretty neat combos on the signature moves thread. See if those suit your needs. Maybe I can get them on video for you sometime soon. smile ------------------I feel more like I do now then I did when I got here.PLUR(RE) ---J---

glowshowmember
406 posts

Posted:
Signature Moves------------------I feel more like I do now then I did when I got here.PLUR(RE) ---J---

phunkyold hand
877 posts

Posted:
Ok, i admit to be being stubborn! I can't help it smileAlso, i do have a video camera. Though i don't see the need for me to send in a vid just to satisfy someone else's curiosity. Sure i say i can do all of these moves but whats more important, me showing these off these moves or the actual concept of the move. For example, would you have even tried to attempt to see if a btb 5-beat worked if you didn't already know someone had done it? Personally, I think it's the idea that counts the most. If i said i could do a btb quad corkscrew would you believe me? I actually can't, be i know it can be done (flexable arms is all you need, short poi would help too).Anyways, i apologize for my cockiness, it can't be helped. I'm just proud of my spinning.------------------[]Dhuong-Vu Truong==== []Dhunky ====

phunkyold hand
877 posts

Posted:
nightshade, i think i know the move your're talking about, is it when you spin your poi around really fast in a circle and it looks like it's floating?If not, could you explain in more detail?------------------[]Dhuong-Vu Truong==== []Dhunky ====

NightShade1member
368 posts

Posted:
Jeez phunky you dont need to SENT me a video just post it on somewhere else like on HOP videos section tongueOk the trick im talking about its kinda like that but its when yer pois are attached one to other when you mess up :P you know and you cant unatach them kinda like this / ///<----/ /-----> /// /those are the pois the ropes or with anything you attach yer pois..and this things /// are the circle dont by the photons in this case(me)cause most of you swing fire:P Now to do it you gotta swing both pois forward till you see that yer pois wanna come backwars cause you swinging them forward both toguether attached(whats the past tense of attach?) tonguenow you pull yer hands in the directions that says the arrows my photons will do like a floting circle that you can move all over and you can do it over and over with some practice Also with practice you can auto attach yer pois to do it and unattach them.... if you want hehe i have done these sometimes but i cant unatach them always lolbleh my draw sucks tongue i think a friend got a digital camara i will show you how is it its pretty simple but i never saw someone talking about this trick here thats allI did this on a club last friday ppl seems to like it smile Edith OMFG the draw doesnt work here:P the / things move to the lefT frown [This message has been edited by NightShade1 (edited 24 January 2002).]

phunkyold hand
877 posts

Posted:
I've bumped some old threads with moves in them for ya. No one really responded to them when i did post them up a couple of months ago, but there still good.------------------[]Dhuong-Vu Truong==== []Dhunky ====