Forums > Beginner Poi Moves > any tips for wrapping poi around legs

Login/Join to Participate

redmow80member
11 posts

Posted:
i don't know what this manuver is called buts it's when you're doing somthing close to the mexican man and you sudenly counterwrap your legs with the actual rope of the poi. you do this for about 4 beats then you go back into this mexican man looking move then repeat.i have been trying this but with no success. a good friend of mine in n.cali would do this while fire dancing and it blew me away. i only saw her do it a couple of times and since then i have moved to kansas and don't have any training buddies.can anyone tell me what this move is called if it even has a name and tips on how to perform it would be A plus........thanx pat aka redmow spinspinspin

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
off to Poi Moves forum for you!

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.

pozeeBRONZE Member
old hand
887 posts

Posted:
mexican man?well something i do that may be like that, is the corkscrew, and when the left hand comes down, i put it behind the back and wrap it on my right leg, and wrap the right one on my left leg. then you an go and wrap the right poi on the left leg behind the back and the left poi on the right leg in front of you, and back into the corkscrew.i hope this helps, if this isnt what you are looking for, sorry

anyone got a light?

redmow80member
11 posts

Posted:
i do know what a corkscrew is. i think i'll try it that way in my next training session. thanxredmow

pozeeBRONZE Member
old hand
887 posts

Posted:
no problem, i was just thinking to do it with the mexican weave you would do a butterfly to your side (lets say right) and then you woudl bring the left poi to the left side and wrap while wrapping the right and then flip sides with both...

anyone got a light?