Forums > Beginner Poi Moves > I will like to know what tricks i miss!

Login/Join to Participate

NightShade1member
368 posts

Posted:
ok i can do every move on the poi lesson beside that all kind of wraps to switch from weave style to butterfly style ummmmFountains, BTB fountains,BTB tread on the needle helcopter tread on the needle butterfly 360s that split time trick that i saw of jo derry heh smile BTB turns, BTB wraps... guess the only i know i miss is chasing the moon ummmm dunno how is it i need to watch it thoAnyone else knows can tell me what other move i miss to learn it??? im kinda like idunno what else to do :/ this sucks... i know i miss lot of stuff i just cant think about them my imagination sucks:PPozze myst someone help!:P[This message has been edited by NightShade1 (edited 10 January 2002).]

Dance like if noone were watching you

glowshowmember
406 posts

Posted:
Why don't you try putting them all together and practicing flowing. Not to say that you don't, but I have seen people who can do some of the same 'moves' as me, but spend too much time thinking about the transitions to make it look good. I have absolutely no idea how many moves I can do, but I know that the only thing that is usually ever done for more than 2 or 3 beats is a butterfly (unless I am teaching someone.)I am most definitely not critisizing you. Lord knows you have me beat on some things. wink But IMHO dancing around and keeping everything constantly changed up makes for a lot better show. If you have seen the COL videos, then you will surely know what I mean.Oh, on sort of the same note. (This is not aimed at you, because I have never seen you spin. More of a general comment) Once you have the moves down comfortable, work on wrist positions for added effect. I have seen people who are fairly good, but look like they have two different lengths of strings because they had their wrists held out from each other in awkward places. Kind of like when you just learned the windmill. I have also seen people who stand in one position and keep it too tight, so you can't tell they are doing anything different at all. Circles are great, but the added effect of off setting them helps change it up. i.e. o vs. 8 if you follow me. Sloppy windmill vs. good windmill vs. split time chase the sun. Oh God I'm going to bed. tongue------------------I feel more like I do now then I did when I got here.PLUR(RE) ---J---

FREE TIBET!!! (with the purchase of a 44 oz. drink)What do you want to be when you grow up?I want to be a kid again!I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.~~~J~~~

NightShade1member
368 posts

Posted:
Yeah i have been practicing that lately...transitions are really important like you said.... ummnow i think i miss the transition from a weave to buttterfly without doing a wrap well i switch from style with wraps from weave style to butterfly style all with wraps i dunno how jo derry can make those transitions without doing wraps... i used to miss the Rev windmill!! i practiced till i got it now i miss the quadruple rev windmill ummm and chasing the moon... ummm but thanks for answering man =)[This message has been edited by NightShade1 (edited 10 January 2002).]

glowshowmember
406 posts

Posted:
It's all just a flick of the wrists. I like wrapping weaves into butterflies and etc. It makes the transitions a lot smoother. It is much better than taking 5 or 6 beats to turn forward circles into a butterfly. But just by learning the transitions, you can improve on your speed, and get to the point where you can snap from one to the other. Like Jo.------------------I feel more like I do now then I did when I got here.PLUR(RE) ---J---

FREE TIBET!!! (with the purchase of a 44 oz. drink)What do you want to be when you grow up?I want to be a kid again!I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.~~~J~~~

NightShade1member
368 posts

Posted:
Besides that you know what other trick i can do?

NightShade1member
368 posts

Posted:
Besides that you know what other trick i can do?