Page: ...
DocLiquidmember
97 posts

Posted:
Just thought I'd ask if anyone had any Signature move combo's, you know, the combinations you do in a routine that you consider to be the most showy. The ones you think only you do(but secretly know darn well that there's got to be someone else out there that does them too. Can't wait to here about the awesome moves you all do.PLUHRDOC------------------Let us Light up the Night[This message has been edited by DocLiquid (edited 28 December 2001).]

Let us Light up the Night

lightbugmember
321 posts

Posted:
nice space... thats a good one

drugs.. rock and roll. bad ass.. vegas hoes.. late night. booty calls.. shiny disco balls!!

DocLiquidmember
97 posts

Posted:
Don't tell me we've all run out of Moves. My new signature move is a five beat Butterfly weave with the fifth beat on my right side colorchange wrapping my right poi around my left arm, and vice versa on my left side. If you do it fast enough several times in a row it really wows the audience cause they can't keep track of what color is spinning around. A very nice visual trick!

PLUR
DOC

Ryanmember
4 posts

Posted:
Whats up peeps, this move I actually learned from this guy named Fiji at a club in Lancaster, PA.

If anyone is also interested in breakdancing there are some wicked cool moves that can be combined w/ poi spinning.

He started out by doing a one-handed butterfly and in the middle of twirling did a one-handed handstand, wrapped the poi around his arm and came back to his feet with the butterfly spinning in the opposite direction.
People watching seemed to really like it, hard to do unless you have alot of arm strength though...

Mark PBRONZE Member
old hand
1,031 posts

Posted:
Well I am unsure as to how many people do this one but I have never seen it before so here we go.

Quite a simple one for anyone that has learnt how to breathe and is reasonable with poi.

Start a poi set with a mouth full of paraffin come into burn the nose, lean back and do a nice bigfire breathe from the top of the circle formed by BTN, looks excellent and I have had a lot of good feedback from it

Mark P

Ryanmember
4 posts

Posted:
Just thought I'd post a nice combo I accidentally learned.

Start by doing the "chasing the sun" move, usually easier if swing the poi in a counter-clockwise direction in front of you. When the poi come around in front, wrap your left poi on your left leg, reversing it directly into a butterfly, looks pretty cool when you can pull this off smoothly.

Mark PBRONZE Member
old hand
1,031 posts

Posted:
Ryan- this move is quite a lot easier from the windmill as the poi are quite well split

I also sometimes do a double leg wrap from chase the sun and then turn (about 90° I think) and come out into a weave

Mark P

Ryanmember
4 posts

Posted:
Sweet variation Mark, I'll have to try that one, I always seem to be hunting for more moves...

DocLiquidmember
97 posts

Posted:
My latest crowd pleaser seems to be a move i do with different color glowsticks on each end of the 16 inch strings I use.

While doing a one handed butterfly toss it up in the air so that the strings do a half of a rotation then grab the other color glowsticks out of the air and throw into a btb reverse butterfly.

PLUR
DOC

Kazyuamember
1 post

Posted:
My signature move is like the fountain, starting from the forward weave then going into the four beat windmill then ad a turn and go into the chase weave BTB then turn to the right and back into a four beat windmill. It's great fun to go either way with it.

Don't be anyone's sonnet, because you are your own poetry!

Nicmember
18 posts

Posted:
Kazyua, i do almost the exact same move pretty often, its an awesome combo!

My 'signiture' move, if i had to pick one, would be:
Start BTB reverse weave (i often get there using the combo Kazyua mentioned above, i do it once all the way through then repeat it immediately but stop helfway so i'm in BTB weave), then keep left hand where it is, swing right hand around body as u turn in a circle(to the left). As you get to the 90 degreepoint in your circle stick your right hand poi under you leg from the front. As poi comes out from between legs finish off circle and end in BTB reverse weave again. I've been doing this move for a while so i can repeat it over and over with one beat of BTB reverse weave on either side of body and straight out again to between the legs, back to BTB reverse weave, back to between the legs etc. etc.

Can also do BTB reverse weave, swing poi between legs from behind while turning 180 degrees then ending in BTB weave. Still shaky on that one though. Also working on a combo using both the above, when i got that down then THAT will definately be my signiture move!

Anybody got any cool BTB combos to share?

Gooi nat, or don't gooi at all.*Nic*

breakerBRONZE Member
36 posts

Posted:
hey kids, i'm back. got a new twist on my butterfly weave. i now start out doin a butterfly then turn to the side and hit a double edge razorblade (kindda like the buzzsaw, but they go in alternate directions). then i go into my btfly weave then throiw in a dbl_edge_razrbld for crowd pleaseing. also worked on a few stall variations to go with it. when i get a chance to play with a digi cam i'll send in some video. maybe i'll do it with my l.e.d.'s

sory doc. didn't see that you had posted the same. oh well. congrats on gettin here first.

[ 13 September 2002, 09:13: Message edited by: casper ]

"our love withers here and dies
the story had to end in blood"

"You will not feel pain near the end, my dear
Your memory shall remain with me
As I weep upon your grave
My love...

My love..."

MeneeococoaGOLD Member
torn and bleeding warrior of love
133 posts

Posted:
Ok, get this...mine is the tightest....
I jump in the air and hover, while spinnin the glowsticks in a quad corkscrew and back flippin....i pull my pants off, land on my other "glowstick" and start spinnin on that...isn't that awesome?

I need to find something witty for this so people like me...

nuttyman54member
7 posts

Posted:
this is a Sweet-ass move and is actually quite easy. start with an over-the-head butterfly and then, while keeping that going, drop to your knees, and bend back so that your back is parallel with the ground and the butterfly is spinning horizontally above your face! then, if you can, roll back and flip back onto your feet(a jujitsu move)and break into a mex wave! really neat looking and a definite crowd pleaser!

Attention to health is life greatest hindrance. - Plato (427-347 B.C.E.) Plato was a bore. - Friedrich Nietzsche (1844-1900) Nietzsche was stupid and abnormal. - Leo Tolstoy (1828-1910) I'm not going to get into the ring with Tolstoy. - Ernest Hemingway (1899-1961) Hemingway was a jerk. - Harold Robbins

DocLiquidmember
97 posts

Posted:
Just calling out for some new ideas, Hey and
GLOWSHOW I'd really like to get back to exchanging ideas with you again.

PLUR
DOC

SaggyDmember
56 posts

Posted:
My signature move is a series of wraps. I shall explain, lucky you!

I start out with the forward weave, and then when my right hand gets to my right side, i kick the poi that is in my right hand, and the as it goes up, have it wrap on my left forearm which should be doing the second rotation, then i either just go right back into the weave because if you time it right it's just as though u broke the weave up, and then put it together. But normally i like to continue these wraps and turn to my right and keep wrapping on my arms!

FUN STUFF!

Peace!

SaggyD

DocLiquidmember
97 posts

Posted:
That's great, I always like to hear from fellow Wrappers.

Anyone else care to post?

Feel free to browse through previous posts there are some really great moves listed here.

PLUR
DOC

WhiteFoxmember
23 posts

Posted:
lol some of these are so out dated

anyway heres mine (more like acombo of a bunch of moves)

forward weave 180 into the btb weave then turn as if your going into the reverse btb but bend at the waist to get a horizontal weave (cant call it corkscrew) then into leg wraps, only 1 or 2, and finish it all off with a horrizontal butterfly.

of course, you have to run as fast as you can so you look like that staffer in col4, that was really cool lookin by the way

i like pie

MikeIconGOLD Member
Pooh-Bah
2,109 posts

Posted:
From forward weave, on the right side I make my right arm do a large circle while my left arm does a small one then bring my left arm back but keep the right one on the right side. As I bring the left arm back, I keep the right in a large circle. The left then goes large as well to make a split time large circle on both sides of me. I then turn the large circle and go into backwards weave.

Let's turn those old bridges we crossed into ashes.
We'll blaze a new trail,
and torch the rough patches.

-Me

Pietrusmember
3 posts

Posted:
hi all,
I don't know if this one has been done before, but i do know i've only recenty managed it.
Based upon all other posts in this topic i'm kind of afraid to be laughed away for its simplicity, but hey...

basically you need 2 sets of poi, preferrably 4 different colors of sticks. do a one-handed corkscrew in each hand and then try to take them from split to regular (so one moment your left hand is up while your right is in front and vice versa, and next both hands are up or in front at the same time.)
It may sound easy, but it looks amazing.

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
i have (had) a signature move. i dont know if it actually has a name, it was something that happened while i was pulling out of another thing i was trying....anyway, it turned out for the best cos it looks really cool.......but my friend stole it, and now he takes the credit for it......he's also the guy who tells me that he doesnt really feel like spinning at the time, so that i can use his poi (his are better than mine). but no, wait, cos there's a crowd looking at me, suddenly he wants to have them back. grrrr!!!

sorry, thats just my little rant! lol!

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

Whiffle Squeekaddict
416 posts

Posted:
hey all, ive been away from this gorgeous site for far too long, the senior high school year was a tad too busy, but i seem to have far too much time in college so here i am again.

well now, i dont think this one has been mentioned yet...

while weaving, turn to one side and place your hands together palm to plam, flat.

let both the poi wrap around them all the way, then pull apart your hands quickly, and the poi will spiral out and you will be in a reverse weave

very nifty looking, but i dont think itll be too fun with fire though, glo only

if you want to make it a bit more interesting when they spral out again, go into a double bicep wrap, and after that go straight into the hand wrap again and then into a weave...

or you could just do the hand wrap indefinitely, thats fun...

Educate your self in the Hazards of Fire Breathing STAY SAFE!

Page: ...